A guest booked my aparment and then his account was removed by airbnb

Tania359
Level 2
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

A guest booked my aparment and then his account was removed by airbnb

Hello,

A guest booked my place for 6 days with instant booking two weeks before his arrival. The first night I could not contact him through airbnb application because it says his account was removed for violating terms and services of airbnb. I called him by phone and he says everything was okay and it seems to be a nice person.

I received the payment in my account and in my calendar still shows that my place is booked by him. Also, his account was verified with government ID, Selfie, Email address, and phone number. I contacted airbnb but I have not received an answer yet. 

Some of you have gone through this situation? What do you recommend me to do? I'm a little worried since I don't know the reasons his account was removed and if something happens I don't know how can I reclaim.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tania359  I'm a little unclear on what the situation is. This guest has already checked in, and is in your Airbnb now? You've already received your payment you say. Your only contact with the guest has been a phone call the first night of his 6 night stay? He didn't offer any explanation as to his account being banned, just said everything was okay? He did a self-check in and you've not been by the place or met him? 

It could just be some tech glitch, but I'd contact Airbnb again and tell them this is urgent and you need to talk to someone right away. If they say they'll call back, politely insist on speaking with someone, telling them you've been waiting for them to return your call already and no one did. You need to make sure they'll have your back if something goes wrong.