A long stay guest wants to leave mid stay because they have found accomadation

Colin522
Level 2
Swindon, United Kingdom

A long stay guest wants to leave mid stay because they have found accomadation

My guests are 9 days into a 19 day stay, £1000 to them just under £900 to me.

They have found a flat faster than expected so want to leave tmw.

They booked on a flexible cancellation policy. But I can't find out if I owe them money, if so how much ..... and how would I put the additional days back on the market.

Obviously they cost little to be here, so I would want to offer them maybe £100 in good will, but they have asked for £400

Can anyone help promptly please?

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It will be up to them to cancel, @Colin522 . With a flexible cancellation policy, they will get their unused nights, minus one, refunded. Your dates will open. If you want to give them more on top of that, especially if you get those dates booked, you can do that once they cancel. It's up to you. They agreed to the cancellation policy terms when they booked your place. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Colin522 As Lawrene says, once the guest cancels the refunds will happen automatically. In reality you will probably keep the money already sent to you, the guest will be refunded and the 'refund' will be taken out of your next payment(s).

Whatever you do don't do anything manually or off platform as if you do you will end up refunding twice.