A review is not showing

Nevena6
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

A review is not showing

Hi,

I have 2 listings that I just started to rent over Airbnb. With my first one, I got my first 2 reviews and all went good.

With the second listing - I got my first review today, as a notification on my mobile - but after that it disappered from my listing. On my listing it says I dont have any revews yet. I can see it on my profile page but I cant reply to it, a private review has also disappeared. It`s also not adding - it says I have 2 revews on my user page but you can clearly see, I have 3.

Also, my review on that guest`s page is not showing up.

Can you help me?

It really means a lot to me - it`s my first reviews 🙂

I wrote to Airbnb help - we exchaned 3 mails for now but they still didnt solve anything. They want a phone call but a phone call is not good to me. I mean, it s not a problem, I should talk with them about. It`s a techincal glich / bug I suppose - they should just fix.

Any suggestions?

I read that I m not the only one having this problem .....

Best regards,

Nevena

LOLA - no review.jpgLOLA - no review.jpg

8 Replies 8
Tommi2
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Similar problem here. As a new hosts the reviews are very important to use. A review is not showing for me, and the system keeps notififying that I haven't reviewed them even though I have.

The support just said it should be fixed soon though nothing has been done and they closed the case. 😞

Angela656
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

I'm also having a problem like that. I reviewed my guest and she reviewed me, and I was sent a message saying that both of our reviews were public. My review shows up on her profile but I'm told that hers is hidden from mine because I haven't completed my review yet. However, when I click on the button to complete it, I'm told that I'm not allowed to access that review anymore, and then the screen refreshes back to the hosting dashboard. So frustrating, especially since I'm a new host and I really liked her feedback.

Natalie359
Level 1
Midland, MI

I reviewed a home within 12 hours of leaving.  Mostly positive and it’s not showing up on the host’s page.

Maria2876
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I have just returned from Mumbai and had the sme issue . No concern about guest . They merely acted as go between and left it at that . I am so disappointed.  Can you pls post my review as i dont want others to have no hot water or find people sleeping on a mattress outside the apartment door , ironing pile laying on the floor .

Philip162
Level 2
Seattle, WA

It is not in AirBnb’s favor to publish negative reviews.  The naive public, especially generations honed on technology, find it difficult to understand how ethics are not an integral part of capitalism.  It is all about making money.  AirBnb is not interested in altruism or transparency.  They are a business and publishing negative reviews hurts their profit margin.  Would you expect anything else?  It’s like trying to sell a house or a car and telling perspective buyers terrible things about the property or automobile.  That would be stupid.  The corporation named AirBnb is not stupid.  Caveat Emptor.  It is your responsibility to look at all the positive reviews carefully, examine the photos, and base your decision on analysis and inference.  No consumer can trust reviews on the internet.  There is no consumer agency protecting you.  You can only depend on the depth of your own intellectual ability.  

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Philip,

I'm sorry to say you've posted what may only be deemed palpable nonsense.

After reading your post I checked to see if you are actually a Host. You are not.

Indeed, If you were a Host you couldn't possibly have written your post in this way.

Please check numerous discussions on this subject in the Community Centre, and you will find the full expression of Hosts concerns with negative reviews, not least the fear of listings either being paused or entirely delisted and with it loss of income. Hosts have to maintain a certain average to continue 

Similarly, you will find an equal amount of discussion with Hosts deliberating their responsibity to post 'honest' review for Guests, especially if they are negative reviews in order to warn other hosts.. Moreover, at the end of the review and rating of Guests, Hosts are asked to state if they Recommend the guest or not (icon: thumb up or down).One result is that a Guest with negative reviews cannot book an Instant Book listing. 

There is also the Response to Reviews option for both parties. 

The proof of the pudding is in then taking the time and trouble to browse as many Host & Guest profiles as you can stomach. You will see the evidence for yourself. 

It's a pity you didn't do this before flaunting your ignorance. 

Laura2490
Level 2
Athens, GA

Wrote a review but my profile says I haven’t, wondering if I didn’t save it somehow?

Irina401
Level 1
Fitzroy North, AU

Same here! Airbnb have been shocking and have not solved the issue