A scam message from Нина

Jeannie9
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

A scam message from Нина

Just got this message (it is 9am here) from someone called Нина who's just joined Airbnb, with a request to book one of my rooms for 22 nights. In the Highlands of Scotland. In wintertime. Everything is closed, I never get more than a couple of nights' bookings in November, usually work-related - this is a spring/summer tourism area - and so, with its request to communicate outside Airbnb, is evidently a scam.
I just wanted to alert everyone to this user (and will call Airbnb, too).

"Good afternoon. I offer to earn extra using the site. All information on our telegram channel @Airbnb_Vip"

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Just got the same message!.....hope Airbnb will do something about it!!

Lili1186
Level 2
Waimes, Belgium

I got the same message today. 

Airbnb should absolutely do something about this pollution ! Thanks for sharing, it confirms my feeling of being a scam.

Take care everyone !

Same message received today. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jeannie9 

Report the profile.  Had the same a couple of weeks ago - the profile were taken down very quickly.

Jeannie9
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

I reported it at once and it was taken down but seems to keep regenerating...it seems Airbnb needs to remember the double tap!

Ashley98
Level 2
Ehrhardt, SC

I just got it here in kc thanks for heads up. 

Rachael218
Level 1
Ketch Harbour, Canada

Just got it in Canada too!

Tom--Michele0
Level 2
Baileys Harbor, WI

I just received a booking inquiry from a Leonora stating "Hey I can reserve all the free dates with you. Interesting? Then go to my telegram channel@airbnb_Vip"   I have never heard of the telegram channel@airbnb_Vip.  Am thinking SCAM?