ACCOUNT HACKED AIRBNB WON'T HELP ME

Sierra19
Level 1
Chicago, IL

ACCOUNT HACKED AIRBNB WON'T HELP ME

Hi, 

My account was hacked this Thursday and someone stole $857 from my bank account by booking trips to Poland. I have been contacting AirBnB every single day and no one has helped me or even bothered to update me on what is going on with my account. I am EXTREMELY frustrated and dissapointed with the lack of customer support I have recieved and am contemplating legal action. Any advice anyone can offer me would be so helpful. I am completely lost on what to do at this point 😞 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Sierra19 ,

What do you mean by "hacked" ? Change of password ? A login from unuseal location is registered. As long as check-in of guests has not passed, your money is still at Airbnb. So reservation can be cancelled, preferable by Airbnb, to get a refund. I assume Airbnb have given you at least some response ? Did you call them ?

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Best regards, Emiel

@Sierra19 if you can still log into your AirBnB account

(and it seems like you can, since you can see where the trip is going)

you should 

1. Immediately change your password (preferably to something you have never used anywhere else before)
  2. Cancel the trip(s)
  3. Continue to try to reach AirBnB support to get their help.

Also very important: you want to try to figure out how this person acquired your AirBnB password.

If you use the same password for any other accounts anywhere else, please change those also.

I am really hoping the password is NOT the same as the one you use for your email.

Have you noticed any ususual activity on any of your other online accounts / services?

BTW, don't discount the possiblity that your *computer* might have been compromised.

Honestly, if someone has knowledge of your usernames/passwords and such, having trips booked on AirBnB is the least of your worries. AirBnB trips can be cancelled and fees refunded.

If someone is able to access your bank accounts, that will be a different story.