ACCOUNT SUSPENSION

Leann275
Level 2
Oceanside, CA

ACCOUNT SUSPENSION

Has anyone else been suspended for no reason and tried to get the suspension lifted. I've spend the last 10 days and countless hours. No one has an answer. 

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Leann275 

I can see you profile, so your account is not suspended.

But i can see your listing is (temporary) suspended. I assume Airbnb has provided a reason for this ?

No they have not! We were on track for Superhost.  I thought it was a mistake.  

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I've heard some listings were temporarily suspended because the guest asked a refund based on some true or false claims like bedbugs or similar. Did you have any unhappy guests... or neighbors lately?

Did you check if your city or country has some restrictions about hosting or max no of people in the same unit ? 

And also, all hosts are now required to agree to Airbnb COVID-19 safety practices. To continue hosting on Airbnb, you must agree to the COVID-19 safety practices by Nov 20, 2020. If you don’t agree by this date, your calendar may be blocked and guests will be unable to book future reservations

I agreed to everything  and I  am the 9ne who has had issues... with the guests.  Twice ive asked for the deposit to be chatged because of damage ( with photos) .

Maybe thats just too much trouble for them. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0,

I can personally attest to the fact that a host doesn't have to agree to the COVID-19 safety practices to avoid being delisted.  I've not signed up and don't plan to, and have continued to receive reservations (just got one today, in fact) since the November 20, 2020 deadline.

@Leann275

It's always a good idea to be on multiple platforms.  Some of your more recent reviews have mentioned that maintenance needed to be done during a guest's stay, and that really isn't ideal.  Are allowing enough time between stays to have the space properly access for needed repairs and fixes made?

Yes, we always have a week in between,  but those issues popped up... outlets not working.  Its a 1935 historic country home and the only times weve had issues is when guests from the city come in expecting a 5 star hotel. We are a 4.6 star country home 🙂

John5226
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

The customer service incompetence is staggering.    I'm also dealing with a listing issue in which I've submitted the correct documentation days ago to have it fixed.   I truly think AIrbnb doesn't give a **bleep** as long as money comes in but the funny thing here is that they've offloaded a legit and licensed property which makes a lot of money for them due to its size.

Leann275
Level 2
Oceanside, CA

UODATE 

I did just receive an email saying the decision is valid ( no explanation) and it will remain suspended.  

They dont say for how long or how to resolve it. 

Infuriating. 

Guess ill be looking at VRBO now and hope their customer service is better. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leann275  "Twice ive asked for the deposit to be charged because of damage ( with photos) .

Here's what may have happened- the guests who damaged things and were asked to pay told Airbnb some lies about your place, like it wasn't safe or there were bedbugs, in retaliation.

Or Airbnb is just deciding to get rid of or punish hosts who ask for damage payments.

I think that is probably the case. Either or both. 

Airbnb does not care about the hosts or customer service. Ive mever experienced such horrible customer sevice. It takes days, weeks for them to even respond to a dispute. 

Michelle2561
Level 1
DeLand, FL

I've been a superhost for years with hundreds of reviews, all positive.  No issues, 97% response rate.  Have 4 listings .  2 days ago, all my listings were suspended without warning or any commincation from airbnb.   I've called them 4 times and they keep insisting the "higher level team" is working on it.  We are furious and ready to switch to VRBO.  This is completely unprofessional and ridiculous!  Especially after all the money we lost during the pandemic.  

I'm being suspended for a false allegations. I feel you. 

Why airbnb won't care the hosts? 

Its irretating that they can do suspension without notifying the hosts. 

hello just see your profile listing its ok right now , would you able let me know how long it take be unblock many thanks 

hello just see your profile listing its ok right now , would you able let me know how long it take be unblock many thanks