AIR BNB DOES NOT PAY HOSTS AND DOES NOT GIVE ANY EXPLANATION!!!!!! SCANDAL!!

Carol590
Level 2
Pavia, Italy

AIR BNB DOES NOT PAY HOSTS AND DOES NOT GIVE ANY EXPLANATION!!!!!! SCANDAL!!

I am an host (co-host with my partner) in Edinburgh and we have not been payed since our apartment was listed (2 weeks- guests almost every day). I have called the customer service approximately 20 times every day- no one helped. They just say someone will call back and NO ONE DOES. I am totally DISGUSTED by this behaviour from Airbnb. I wouldn't be bothered if someone came to me telling me they are working to sort it out, that it would take some time or whatever. But so far nothing- the usual lie that someone will call back.... quite frustrating. Stealing customer's money without explanation and just lying when enquired. I would be sorry to cancel all the bookings we have now with airbnb - it wouldnt be fair towards our guests. Could please someone help me?????????Is anyone in my same situation? Does anyone would like to join a class-action whether this situation is not sorted out within a short time?

Thank you for your help

Carol

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carol590 Perhaps read the T&Cs and then decide if there's a scandal here.  

Thanks for the reply. I am co- host with my partner - who has been host for 4 years, hence not a new host. I have called customer service 20 times everyday and nobody can give me an explanation. I would be happy to know I will be payed in one two or three months if they gave me an explanation. I have been told somebody will call me within 48 hours and nobody did. Therefore I DO Believe it is a scandal. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You say that you listed the apartment two weeks ago? Then it is a new listing, surely? Try tweeting Airbnb. Normally produces good results. 

Thanks will try then..

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Carol590,

Are you aware of any penalization regarding a cancellation on your behalf?

Have you checked your payments status?

Fight it and drive them crazy until you get your money. I recently had for the first time in a year the same issue for one single payment and I am pretty sure they wished it hadnt happened with me :))))

I drove them nuts calling them every minute of the day during four days in a row.

THanks that is what I am doing. It is really frustrating not to have any feedback from the customer service of such a huge company . That is the worst disappointing part..good to know I am not the only one. But such a behaviour towards customers from such a huge company I believe it is unacceptable...

@Carol590 it is a shame Airbnb support did not contact you.

They might have informed you that new hosts do not get their first payment until 30 days have elapsed since their first booking is confirmed. As your listing is only 2 weeks old, I would imagine you will not get your first payment for another couple of weeks.

If Airbnb support had bothered to call you like they said they would, they might have saved you a lot of worry about this.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

Kerry430
Level 2
Llandudno, United Kingdom

Air bnb have not paid me for 2 months they owe me nearly £2000 and im loosing my business not having paid the mortgage for 4 months, today they said i did not have the correct date of birth down and needed to put my business as not registered, its my main job but they tried to make me say it was not.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kerry430 Business not registered as what?