AIRBNB DELAYING MY PAY AND NOT ANSWERING!!!!!

Morgan106
Level 2
Pasadena, TX

AIRBNB DELAYING MY PAY AND NOT ANSWERING!!!!!

I had a guest check in on July 16 and it is now July 20. I have not received a dime. On my upcoming payouts it does not even state that I will receive anything from the current reservation. I have called customer service and no-one has helped me. They have lied numerous times about getting back to me and no-one has called me or my partner. This is ridiculous. This is the second time they have delayed my money, and now they aren't providing any accurate answers, changes, or release of pay. Has anyone had this issue and if so, what do I do? I am very short of taking my listing off of the platform because it is not benefiting me. 

23 Replies 23

Seems to be a thing with Airbnb. I have the same issue. 

Same thing happening to me, please help. 

Johan1352
Level 1
St Francis Bay, South Africa

I have the same problem. - no response and impossible to get help

Maria3575
Level 2
Austin, TX

Same thing is happening to me. The news media needs to run this story. I have no other idea for how we will get paid. 

I am having the same issue  - they tell me I have been assigned a support person who will call me but that was on the 18th I called again on the 20th and just got the same answer.  The guests are still in my cottage not sure if I should ask them to contact Airbnb themselves to avoid me asking them to leave.. They say it is a bug in there system yet they have nothing posted on the site regarding it ..

Yup, my experience as well, they say a support person is on it, and a supervisor would call me back, that was promised twice and both of those callback windows have come and gone. I finally got paid for this last guest, but am very worried about the stability of Airbnb at this point. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Maria3575@Morgan106@Rob430@Carmella6@Sara1595,

Please check out this message from @Lizzie regarding the payout issue:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Payout-Delay-Missing-Transaction/m-p/1323997#M314643.

Fyi, my missing payout has been remitted, and I hope yours comes soon, also.  Check your payment account, because my payout was credited before the notice was sent.

Rob430
Level 4
Boulder, CO

Thanks @Debra300 ! Yes in my case,

payment was supposedly released yesterday. I posted to this thread, just to keep all the info here. Still no response

from Airbnb, just a bot email that it was paid out. Really still upset about how this all went down for so many hosts. 

@Debra300 thank you so much. I received the standard payout email finally yesterday afternoon, but still nothing in my account and no communication from customer service about any of it.  

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Morgan106  @Sara1595 @Karen1332 @Rob430 @Carmella6 @Maria3575 

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you for highlighting the problem with your payments showing in your Transaction History (for payouts July 18-20th).

The Payments team identified the issue and I'm pleased to say it is now fixed.

If you visit your Transaction History page you should now see the payment rescheduled and it will be on its way to you shortly. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv

I have the same problem, i haven't received any payouts the last two months! What can I do?!!! 

Jonas218
Level 2
Brasília, Brazil

Same issue here. My payment is delayed for 45 days now.

Mike2164
Level 2
Dallas, TX

The irony here (or not) is that Airbnb just filed paperwork to go public.  Everyone (including myself) is being delayed payments (see my twitter account MikeLuk1) in one way or another (lost, "glitch in the system", no response, "someone will call you back", etc) so that they have more money on the books for a greater value with the IPO....!!!  They also barely gave out any of the 250 million in bailout money they got from the federal government !!

This is what you can do !!!!!!  Contact your local press people, any name you can think of that does investigative reporting.  Share this link to this page.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/airbnb-hosts-are-complaining-about-missing-payments-amid-covid-19.ht...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/airbnb-hosts-getting-almost-nothing-from-250-million-relief-fund.htm...

Any good reporter would be a fool to not want to break this story.  Come on, we are not all part of some "glitch" here.  This is PLAIN OLD FASHIONED FRAUD in my opinion.  I have been fighting for a payout since JANUARY !!!!  Countless calls.  SOMETHING is going on behind the scenes and it is shady.

When anyone calls now, all you get is basically an answering service that has no ability to help you at all.  The company is worth billions and they got 250 million from the federal government.  What is going on here?

How many people have gotten EXTRA money in a payout because of a "random glitch"..... It is AMAZING that the "glitch" just so happened to benefit Airbnb in EVERY SINGLE case here.....??

Contact the press.  This is our only hope.  Thanks...!

It's now April 2023, and nothing has changed. VICTIM OF THE  "glitch".  No amount of phone calls or emails seem to make a difference.  They keep closing my thread.....