AIRBNB HAS REFUSED TO PAY ME WHAT THEY OWE ME FOR 45 DAYS

Mark-N-Erica0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

AIRBNB HAS REFUSED TO PAY ME WHAT THEY OWE ME FOR 45 DAYS

They have lots of issues with their software and they deflect it by calling it an IT problem. There is not a single piece of equipment or software that can cause a company to NOT PAY WHAT THEY OWE ME. There is also not a single employee or contractor that can just claim there is a mysterious problem with no solution for 45 DAYS!  I WANT MY MONEY NOW.

7 Replies 7
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I've never had an issue receiving payments from Airbnb unless it was a banking holiday. I suggest escalating your case to a supervisor. There is no excuse to have to wait 45 days! If a supervisor doesn't contact you, direct message Airbnb through Twitter. I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.

We have spoken to MULTIPLE supervisors.  STILL WAITING FOR OUR MONEY, so, we will just keep calling them every single **bleep** day until they actually give us what they OWE us.  Oh - and we will keep looking for others who would like to join a class-action suit.

Have you posted it onto Air Twitter, Air Help Twitter and their Face Book page, do all 3! It helps!

You may receive a call from a supervisor but that is not the solution. A supervisor will always back a guest before they back a host. I just had an experience with this. Strangely enough, The supervisor AND guest come from the same country but live in the UK? The supervisor did nothing to prove any complaint made by the guest who I must say at this point, The guest had no complaints and indeed informed me he would like to book again in the future. Please do read on. The guest decided after one night he needed to return home and wanted to cancel the following two nights of his booking. I offered a partial refund since I had no time to accept a replacement booking. This is when the guest found a litany of complaints about his one night stay and DEMANDED his money back. His complaints can be proven to be false and I invited an Airbnb representative to check them out personally. The result, no one bothered to verify the guest's complains.

The help or supervision/resolution representative blocked my listing and gave his fellow countryman a full refund of the two cancelled nights and a 50% refund of the night he used my house and facilities without complaint. In his "guest review the guest insulted me, my neighbours, my neighbourhood, my home and hygiene practise (and any hope of future bookings). The pretext used for blocking my listing for 5 days was that my listing was not accurate. Now forgive me if I am being stupid but if the street numbers ascend as such; No. 2, no.4, no 6, no 8 up to number 14 and then my place, what would you assume the building number would be? possibly 16? Well, that is not the conclusion the Airbnb representative came to. Despite my building being over 170 ft high and white? with a 6" sign over the door announcing the name of the building?

I shall be joining the " class-action" of Mark-N-EricO unless I can find a "class action" going on in the UK.

Joanne573
Level 1
Nalyappa, AU

Same with me

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

@Ben668 unfortunately, I have noticed that this is a common occurrence. 

I personally have not had this same experience, however, I’m willing to bet that it’s going to happen to me next week (based on a random guest’s false accusations that resulting in said guest obtaining a complete refund for five days stay). 

My only suggestion to you to be  a positive host, and differentiate yourself above the riffraff.

Stay sweet and rise above the nonsense. 

Ben668
Level 1
Scotland, GB

Hi Maia. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. To add insult to injury I had a guest stay last week 16th-23rd February. After 4 days/nights she booked again for the following week. Not a sign that my place is dirty and in a bad neighborhood as stated by ****. (Previous spiteful NON-paying guest). ****, my present guest, arrived on Sunday and this is Wednesday and no sign of payment from Airbnb. I would warn all hosts to stay clear of ****. I can only hope that Airbnb will pay out what I am due. I have another booking for one week beginning on 8th March. Should I let this guest know the situation? The situation being that I cannot trust Airbnb to payout and therefore cannot accept his booking?

It's all very well Airbnb saying payment could take up to five working days but after depriving me of my income for the last three weeks I can no longer have confidence in Airbnb. A sad state of affairs for an international company.

*[Personal information hidden for privacy reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines