APP: "Help confirm it's really you" - Cannot get verification code through text or call while abroad

Veronica435
Level 1
Costa Rica

APP: "Help confirm it's really you" - Cannot get verification code through text or call while abroad

A while ago the app logged me out of my Airbnb account in the app and ever since it is asking me to "confirm it's really you" by giving them a 4 digit verification code which they can only send to me via text message or call. This is impossible for me to receive because I am out of coverage. I'm travelling and will be for a while.

How else can I verify? Why can't I do it through email?

Has anyone else eperienced this? 

airbnb app verification.jpg

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Veronica435  Call them and they can ask you a few security questions like last 4 numbers of your bank account and some other things or is there anyplace WiFi is available as most phones will let texts through using WiFi. 

Samantha347
Level 1
New York, NY

@Veronica435 and @Letti0 - This happened to me earlier this year and unfortunately we were not able to resolve via a simple call. Maybe it was the Airbnb rep we were connected to (while paying a huge amount to phone internationally when we were without wifi and desparate), but it took a number of calls and emails to get things sorted out. It seemed to be some technical glitch that wiped out our previously confirmed payment information. 

Good luck!

samantha