ARIBNB Hosts Dealing with Covid that want to brainstorm mitigating and planning for the future with a Zoom Call 5/15/20 8AM PST

Ryan350
Level 2
Encinitas, CA

ARIBNB Hosts Dealing with Covid that want to brainstorm mitigating and planning for the future with a Zoom Call 5/15/20 8AM PST

Hey guys! I'm a top local Superhost from Charleston, SC and I'd like to see if there's other hosts globally that want to get on a call to discuss how they've been dealing with COVID as a host.  I'm interested to see how you've mitigated the challenging cancellation policies initiated by airbnb as well as see how everyone is planning on mitigating situations such as this for the future. I think the admission by Chesky in his one video to us admitting the lack of travel insurance will be a great topic as well for our discussion. 

I was aiming to do a call later this week, I'm on PST time so let me know who all has interest and maybe we can put something together for Friday morning.

Hope everyone is faring well financially and emotionally still through this tough time. 

Cheers, 

Ryan 

3 Replies 3
Ryan350
Level 2
Encinitas, CA

Here's the zoom link let's invite other hosts we know that are dedicated Superhosts that rely on these properties for income. 

Topic: ARIBNB Hosts Dealing with Covid that want to brainstorm with a Zoom Call
Time: May 15, 2020 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

I will plan to come.  Please let's make sure to focus on strategies for success, and not bemoan how "horrible and wrong" Airbnb has been to us.  I don't think it will be product to discuss not receiving an invitation for any kind of financial support from Airbnb, or getting less than expected for cancellations, or that Airbnb caused financial losses.

These are some topics that I'd like to discuss:

1. Creating our own superhost relief fund, where we make contributions, and are eligible to receive disbursements during extraordinary events, like a pandemic, after becoming fully vested.
  2. Investigating opportunities for a group/organization discount for business interruption insurance.
  3. Ways to obtain true damage/security deposits so that it provides an incentive for guests to behave appropriately. 
  4. How to effectively price plan and differentiate our offerings while the economy is recuperating.  Excessive rate reduction to the point of cannibalizing will devalue our product overall.

Hi Debra, Thanks very much for those topics and agree I don't want this to be targeted at complaining about the past of how airbnb handled this but more so of how we navigate through and plan for the future, thanks. Ryan