About the extra $1 charge for the booking

Lyvia0
Level 1
New York, United States

About the extra $1 charge for the booking

Hi guys, I am the first time user and I just booked my first trip. After that I realized there were 2 charges on my credit card, the additional charge is $1, I am just wondering what is the charge about? Thanks! 

7 Replies 7
Maethus0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

this happened to me as well but i was charged 1 dollar for 4 times. did you get your money back?

@Lyvia0@Maethus0 those are supposed to be temporary authorizations that will disappear in time.

Here is an article about it:

https://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/why-you-can-ignore-those-odd-1-credit-card-charges/

thank you so much. 

Jordan326
Level 1
Chicago, IL

But why so many? I get one every day. I currently have 4 $1 charges in a row for the last 4 days and I haven't booked anything new in a month.

I've also been getting random $1 charges from AirBnB over the last week or so.  It's been months since I've done any business with them.

Marilyn463
Level 1
Rockville, MD

I visited the website to explore possibilities and today there is a one dollar charge. I did not book anything.  WHAT is going on?  

@Marilyn463 If it is a pending transaction then it will just disappear and never come out of your account. If it is an actual $1 removal then contact your bank and ask them to reverse the transaction as you didn't authorise it.