Accept or decline on an ENQUIRY or your calendar remains blocked?

Glen2
Level 3
Noosa Heads, Australia

Accept or decline on an ENQUIRY or your calendar remains blocked?

What's with the new accept or decline on an ENQUIRY or your calendar remains blocked?? I respond to every enquiry within an hour., same with bookings. In many cases with an enquiry, you're waiting for more information from them and anyway, it's usually just that - an enquiry and they don't book.  The majority of mine are confirmed bookings and I get few enquiries. I have 100% 5 star reviews and response times but Airbnb have taken to emailing me reminders to respond to ENQUIRIES - when I already have. What is this supposed to achive?

4 Replies 4
Beth47
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Yes, same problem: I have a guest with an inquiry who can't figure out how to cancel it so it stops appearing on my airbnb page. I am not the one declining--we corresponded and the guest has changed plans. Seems like this would reflect poorly on me as host if I'm the one 'declining'.
Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

You have to pre-approve or decline.

Glen2
Level 3
Noosa Heads, Australia

I do realise this. My question was why suddenly when it's only an enquiry? This has changed in the last days.
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

I pre-approve almost everything just to get it off my plate.  A person says they are working out details with a family member but may not be able to stay and want a backup?  Pre approved!  A person who says they have cat allergies and asking questions about my cats?  I send a message that is basically "why would you ever want to stay here?!" along with...Pre Approved!  Since pre approval doesn't block my calendar, it's just my default response then I let the guest work out whether they really want to come.