Accepted booking - Price not correct on Airbnb Website

Sue223
Level 1
Úrcal, Spain

Accepted booking - Price not correct on Airbnb Website

We are brand new to this and accepted our first booking for 4 guests.  The confirmation details said 4 guests and the price of 23 euro per night as we had listed.  Only when our guests had just left and said they had paid via the App we saw that only 23 euro had been paid rather than 4 x 23, even though it said 'xxxxx' plus 3 guests were staying.  AirnBnb have advised there is something  wrong in the set up with regard to 'extra guests'.  This is where we are confused.   Per person / additional guests - what is the difference?   So far, the guest has not responded to paying the full amount and AirBnb have said let them know 'next time'.  Not very helpful and we are out of pocket!!!

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sue223

Hi Sue - I can answer your question, however I found your listing impossible to figure out. Are you offering one appartment or two. If you are offering two separate appartments, then list them separately. It's may have something to do with how the pricing worked as I can't really work out what your offer is. Also - you advertise the rooms as scooter hire....

Take a look at other listings - it's critical that people understand exactly what they  are getting in each appartement - that you have photos for each one etc.

Hi, I am also confused with the pricing of my listing...I am renting my house out either as a house or as 4 separate bedrooms...how do I do the pricing and also if I have different prices for the different rooms..i dont see where I can add this on the listing...also someone booked the whole house for a few days but is only paying the 1 room cleaning fee...thank you

Glad it is not just me!  I assumed a whole building with individual rooms was one listing, but maybe that is not the case.  Seems odd to list the same thing over and over as ours are the same price?

Hello

Thanks for your reply.  We have two adjoining apartments, one sleeps 4 the other 2.   I listed as 3 bedrooms as that what the set up asked for, i.e. how many beds in each room.

So what you are saying is that each Apartment has it's own listing?  That makes sense.  However our clients booked the 4 bed apartment but only paid for one person.  I assumed it is on a per person basis, so if one person rented out the whole 4 bed apartment they only pay for one person OR do I charge them for the whole use of the apartment?

It's all very new and these are teething problems!

Thanks again for your advice

Sue

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sue @Sue223

I think you need to call Airbnb to talk you through the set up. It sounds like you set it up so that however many people booked it was 23 euro's.

@Sue223

So so you really have three rental options (if you wish). Apt 1  4 people. Apt 2 - 2 people. Apt 3 : both together = 6 people.

if you wish to be flexible and rent all combinations then you create a separate listing for each appartment. That way someone searching for 2, 4 or 6 people will see your listing. You can then price each listing separately- perhaps the one for two people is a flat rate whether 1 or 2 people staying. Apt could have a base price for 2 people then £x extra per person staffer the second person.