Accepting bookings

Answered!
Jessica151
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Accepting bookings

I have now had 2 bookings where I did not accept them. I definitely do not have automatic acceptance turned on so I have no idea why the booking was accepted.

I do not want one night stays at the weekend but to cancel the reservation now will penalise me unfairly, despite the fact that I didn't accept the booking, it's just appeared on my list of reservations.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

Hello @Jessica151,

Do you use Airbnb through a web browser on a computer or do you use the app on a mobile/tablet? I have noticed the App when it updates it sometimes changes your configuration. One time it moved on its own and placed my preference as "no one can book". I noticed after a couple of weeks of no requests or bookings. The moment I noticed I deleted the app from my phone and went to my computer to fix this. Since then I've had no issues.

I do not advice you to cancel bookings as it will be a dent on your profile. Just make sure this does not happen again and if the issue continues contact Airbnb for support.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Bruce41
Level 2
Hawthorn, Australia

It's funny you should mention this, because I think that has happened to us recently. I'm certain we did not have Instant Book switched on - in fact sure of it - because we declined a month booking for six 19-20 students for our listing on the basis that it was just not a good fit for a treasured family house. Then a day or two later, woke up to a number of bookings having been auto accepted overnight! Now we face a visitor and 3 friends arriving who I have reservations about because she has no profile or reviews and has not supplied any information about the kind of people they are. 

I think I have to stop reading this forum! Some of the stories and issues have me worried before we've even started! I would, however, be interested to know if others have had the same experience. 

Anastasia7
Level 2
Kazan, Russia

One of your listings does have instant booking available

thanks for pointing this out, this is not correct and not how I set it.

Nietta0
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

My guests did not receive my message of min stay in peak season.. The pricing was also wrongly given by airbnb. Somehow the booking was accepted. I did not ok the booking. How can I speak to someone at airbnb to resolve this.
Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

Hello @Jessica151,

Do you use Airbnb through a web browser on a computer or do you use the app on a mobile/tablet? I have noticed the App when it updates it sometimes changes your configuration. One time it moved on its own and placed my preference as "no one can book". I noticed after a couple of weeks of no requests or bookings. The moment I noticed I deleted the app from my phone and went to my computer to fix this. Since then I've had no issues.

I do not advice you to cancel bookings as it will be a dent on your profile. Just make sure this does not happen again and if the issue continues contact Airbnb for support.

Can others confirm that it is an issue with the App. We have the same problem as well.

I am brand new to air bnb.  I notice my pricing from the reservation does not match what I listed.  The reservation are accepted without my acceptance.  I had cancel my first 2 reservations because of this problem as I get real frustrated.

Is there something more clear that air bnb can do to let us new users understand how to do this?

I am giving it another try.  Same thing is happening.   Seems like the system is messed up or rigged.

Mike191
Level 1
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom

Airbnb emailed me cos I haven't accepted any of the last 10 requests BUT airbnb i have & besides I work nights & I can't have guests banging round when I'm trying to sleep after a 12 hour nightshift !!

I accept guests when i'm not working or when I don't have family commitments . . .

Also why is there no easy place to contact airbnb ? shouldn't have to go to the community for gods sake !! Make it easier.

Chee4
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I find this frustrated too, when I am clear about not to host for guests who are not recommended by others. Yet Airbnb kept reminding me that my “accepted reservation” is below the required benchmark. 

Hi Mike

I empathise!  I get the feeling that Airbnb would prefer hosts to accept all bookings no matter what their personal circustances are. There is a way of contacting Airbnb by email and I did it recently getting a quick response from the Airbnb Support team.  Unfortunately I only got through by trial and error, so can't pass on to you how I did it - not easy.

Jennifer136
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am getting very frustrated with a current booking.  Every time I accept I get a message from Airbnb which also goes to the potential guest that I haven't replied.  I send a welcoming message and click on "accept", but this is obviously not being recognised by Airbnb.  It doesn't help in that there does not seem to be any way in which I can contact anybody at Airbnb - all I seem to be able to do is "ask the Community".  Any suggestions because if this carried on I am going to lose guests.

Thanks.

Jennifer