Accepting request from 17 years old guy

Answered!
Aleksandre4
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Accepting request from 17 years old guy

Hi, I have received a booking in December(Amsterdam) from a group of people. After accepting them, I asked for the ID. Apparently, the one who has booked apartment, is 17 years old telling me that his parents made a booking for him. He is travelling with 3 other people and according to them 2 of them are adults(requested passports). As far as I understand, under 18 no one is allowed to make booking. I understand that they are travelling with adults, but does Airbnb allows this? will I receive insurance from Airbnb still?

Thanks

Aleksandre

1 Best Answer
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Aleksandre4 No, individuals under 18 are children in the eyes of the law and unable to enter in to contracts. You need to contact Airbnb to have this reservation cancelled. One of the adults in the group can make the reservation instead. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Aleksandre4 No, individuals under 18 are children in the eyes of the law and unable to enter in to contracts. You need to contact Airbnb to have this reservation cancelled. One of the adults in the group can make the reservation instead. 

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for replying. Could you please let me know how can I contact airbnb? Could not find exact email address or chatbox with them.

Thanks

Aleksandre

Hello @Aleksandre4

You can use Twitter or the form here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/ 

It is better to have a proof of such a request towards Airbnb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Aleksandre

This is a third party booking which is not allowed by Airbnb and you will be completely on your own if something on towards should happen, Inform AirBnb and explain its a third party booking and they should cancel it for you without penalty.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Hi All,

Thanks a lot, I have contacted airbnb.

Regards

Aleksandre