Accessibility photos

Caleb149
Level 2
Chico, CA

Accessibility photos

Has anyone else had trouble with adding photos for this feature. I submitted photos 2 months ago and they still are "under review". I've contacted customer service on the phone at least 6 times with no resolution.  

Any suggestions?

12 Replies 12
Daniel2727
Level 2
Penrith, United Kingdom

Hi @Caleb149 

Did you manage to get your accessibility photos past the review stage?

We have exactly the same issue and like you have contacted the support team without any joy. Our listing is still stuck in review after 2 weeks.

I'm really disappointed with this.

Gigi147
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

Same problem. Photos stuck in review for months. CS says they only have 2 photograph reviewers.

Same for me too.  Uploaded photos close to end of December 2021 and they are still in review.  Does anyone know the average time to turnaround?

John6049
Level 2
Fosciandora, Italy

Same here, we actually built a house for disabled people and we can't get it listed as such. Have uploaded pictures twice, they show as "under review" for about two weeks, then they disappear. Tried getting help but no progress.

Diane114
Level 3
Arlington, VA

My accessibility features have been under review for FIVE MONTHS! I was able to upload some photos after the review process was "enhanced" back in November 2021, but crickets since.  So much for Airbnb's commitment to disabled guests. 

Fortunately, I have some great reviews from guests who use wheelchairs. 

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Would love to hear updates from anyone who sees any movement. I, too, have been waiting more than 2 months, which I thought was a long time, but I see now that this is only the beginning. It still just says "in review."

Screenshot_20220527-083421.png

Linda513
Level 3
Hampton, VA

Just adding this comment to see if there will be any updates. I added my photos in July and am experiencing the same issue. Of course, as others have said, there is an emotional as well as financial element. I have invested a great deal of  money, love and hope into this upgrade. I just hope Air doesn't "ding" me for mentioning accessibility in my description.

Based on my experience they eventually do.  It took from end of December to end of April, so 4 months for response on mine, with some being tagged as having to be retaken.  Just wanted to give my experience. Good luck.:)

@Patricia3321 I submitted photos and It said they were "under review" but now when I look it doesn't say anything. It almost looks as if nothing was submitted. I don't want to resubmit in case that would gum up the works. Did yours say "under review" until they were finally approved? And then how did you know it was finally approved? Thanks SO much for posting, it really helps.

Yes during the time it did say "under review", sorry just saw this question.  And I would check regularly to check status and one day I received an email  updating me on the completion of some photos or re-submittal request of other photos.  Hope this helps.

Linda513
Level 3
Hampton, VA

Hello, all! I want to update this thread with some pretty encouraging news. It seems I was premature in getting nervous about being left in review "limbo". I hope I am not speaking too soon. I submitted my photos in July. At first they were "under review" but that verbiage disappeared after awhile.  I got an email on August 23 asking me to resubmit several photos. When I look at the requirements, it really does make sense for me to resubmit. I am very pleased at this progress. I hope that this means there will be a similar somewhat efficient turnaround in the future (at least it wasn't months and months). 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Linda513 Thanks for the update, it's great to hear there's been encouraging progress! Do keep us updated please ☺️

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines