Account Log In

Answered!
Paul140
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Account Log In

I can log in fine on my desktop but on iphone or ipad,tThe error I get is "You do not have permission to access this resource" when trying to log in on iphone and ipad. Why?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Paul140 and @Dinko2,

It sounds like you might have accidentally created two accounts.

It is quite common for people to create duplicate accounts.  This usually occurs if you have used or connected Google+ or Facebook and then used an email address.  

To figure out if this has happened to you, log out completely from your account and then login trying each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.  To logout, from a computer/laptop, go to your profile image in the right hand corner and choose “Logout”.  Then try logging in which each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.

If you did create an extra account, you should delete it.  Here are instructions for deleting the duplicate Airbnb account:

From a computer/laptop:

1. Go to “Account”
  2. Choose “Settings”
  3. Choose “Cancel my account”

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Dinko2
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Same here.

Any help?

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Paul140 and @Dinko2,

It sounds like you might have accidentally created two accounts.

It is quite common for people to create duplicate accounts.  This usually occurs if you have used or connected Google+ or Facebook and then used an email address.  

To figure out if this has happened to you, log out completely from your account and then login trying each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.  To logout, from a computer/laptop, go to your profile image in the right hand corner and choose “Logout”.  Then try logging in which each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.

If you did create an extra account, you should delete it.  Here are instructions for deleting the duplicate Airbnb account:

From a computer/laptop:

1. Go to “Account”
  2. Choose “Settings”
  3. Choose “Cancel my account”

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

But in my case my husband and I used to share an account, now we want to have separate accounts so he created his own, but now when he logs in on his own account he can't accept invitations I send him to join a wish list...he gets the error message about not having permission to use this resource. I don't want to delete our original account, it has all our good feedback on it.

Trisanto-Henki-Wira-Sapu0
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

Hi, 

If the problem is because of two accounts, why i don't have 2 accounts but also experience the same thing?

I open an account in two different devices, both are iPhone. I alreadt log out the other one, but still experiencing the same. 

Even i've tried to log out them all, and log in again but remains the same. 

Any help?

Thanks. 

Same for me?

I only was able to log in at web 

Caprita0
Level 2
Mamaia-Sat, RO

Hello. I have a big problem with my apartaments. I am the owner of a resort with 24 accomodation spaces. I set only 6 on airbnb.com in the same location on the map. Now i start to fix the price for 2017 and my apartaments are not in the same location on the map. They moved 1.5 km in the other area. I try to fix with the my desktop: when I move the pointer on google map, the sistem write: "save" but the location mentain the old position. I try to do this since 3 days. I olso try to fix with my iphone 6+ and I receive this message: do not have permission to acces this soure". So dear host please help me with an advice. How i can contact with airbnb suport team. I look everywear and i don t find any email or phone. I hope you will have a good advice for me.

Hi Caprita,

Have someone been able to help? I have the same issue.

AIRBNB help line is 415-800-5959.   I found this on one of the websites.

Mark367
Level 2
Joplin, MO

Same issue today 3/7/17

same issue today 4/6/2017

Callie5
Level 1
Winter Park, CO

Maybe just maybe some resolution? I found this message board after having the same issue. I was able to log in after logging out on the original device. After that, I logged in on the website via the internet browser instead of the app. Once logged in, I once again hit install app on the prompt at the top of the webpage (even though I never uninstalled the app). All of the sudden I was logged in on the app. Hope that helps

Laura1109
Level 1
Lenexa, KS

Me too when trying to pay

Cody-And-El0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I logged out and logged back in, still having the same issues.  It has been happening for a few days when I try to change my reservation.

Also, everything on the Airbnb site keeps steering me back to the same Change Reservation page, then giving me an Error.  SUPER FRUSTRATING