Account Log In

Answered!
Paul140
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Account Log In

I can log in fine on my desktop but on iphone or ipad,tThe error I get is "You do not have permission to access this resource" when trying to log in on iphone and ipad. Why?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Paul140 and @Dinko2,

It sounds like you might have accidentally created two accounts.

It is quite common for people to create duplicate accounts.  This usually occurs if you have used or connected Google+ or Facebook and then used an email address.  

To figure out if this has happened to you, log out completely from your account and then login trying each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.  To logout, from a computer/laptop, go to your profile image in the right hand corner and choose “Logout”.  Then try logging in which each method; email, Google+ or Facebook.

If you did create an extra account, you should delete it.  Here are instructions for deleting the duplicate Airbnb account:

From a computer/laptop:

1. Go to “Account”
  2. Choose “Settings”
  3. Choose “Cancel my account”

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Danna3
Level 1
Sisters, OR

Hi Paul, I just got back onto AirBnB hosting from my new home and it looks like there are some glitches that will need to be worked out. Yes, I allow dogs but expect you to take care of the house and your pet with great care. I am certain that you are a good animal lover and this won't be a problem. Do you understand that this is a two bedroom suite? (I found it difficult to convey that on the site and am wondering if I made it clear.) How many people should I expect?

Juliana149
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Same and considering guests payed one month ago completed one week stay in my home and.... STILL NO PAYMENT RECEIVED!!!

Tom367
Level 1
Belmont, Australia

I would have to say whoever set up their site is a lunatic!!!! I.m guessing when you Googole AirBnB it will come up with the .com. plus your country designation! You have to scroll down some way to get AirBnB.com and then you can find Settings etc. For some reason my wifes details were on my account and have tried to change them and then their system wanted a photo of my drivers licence- fair enough so did that but has to be in colour. Not sure if it asked that to begin with. Sent that in and then it wanted a current photo???? My PC doesn't have a camera and my phone for some reason doesn't want to send a photot to my email adrees so we are at a stand still. Very dissapointing. I am going to delete my account and have no idea how to get in to my wifes. Would be an intelligent move to have a login page like every other website.

I have the same problem 

Maureen144
Level 2
Pennington, NJ

I had to change my airbnb password and now I can't access any of my past trips or reviews]

Wendy363
Level 1
Saint Kilda, Australia

My iPhone does exactly the same it tells me I cannot login from

it.  What can we do to remedy this situation

Wendy 

Sarah1352
Level 2
Malaysia

The same with trying to cancel or rearrange your bookings. It asks you to log in via desk top .

Prohibiting user to use mobile devices to cancel a reservation is not up to date technology but  payments are accepted via mobile devices. To me this is not providing services. It is very inconvenient when we are travelling . 

Liz425
Level 2
Eumundi, Australia

I am having the same problem  logging into my  App on my ph and Tablet 

me too, i cant log into the app or on my desktop Computer or Tablet

I received per text inquieeries and cant answer at all

Lynda118
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

On a different subject, why do hosts not reply to my questions does anyone know or have I been unlucky, I don’t want to book without answers thank for any anaswers.

Lynda, I understand your situation , I listed a rental on the site  and now I even can log into my airbnb account to answer any inquiery.  My rental is in SW Florida and it made me really unprofessional becaise I cant answer or respond to any inquiry I receive.

Airbnb is blocking out phone numbers so I even cant call a inteested person who wants to rent my house.

You a much better is you use VRBO or Home Away

This program is not user friendly at all!

ist really bad, there are better sites than airbnb

I cant log into my account at all , and I have inquieries and  as I dryed to log in now aibnb opend a new account with mu email  but no photos or any info just mu email, this os so bad.

I am the same. log in on computer fine. can't get in on cell.....

must he the airbnb site....fault.