Account Restriction

Patience15
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Account Restriction

Hello,

I have been a member since 2016. I just recently took advantage of booking a reservation. I reserved one booking, However the host cancelled due to home issues. I booked again, I had to cancel due to a family member getting sick. Soon after this I received an email 11 days ago saying thank you for uploading your ID we are procesing and will get back to you as soon as possible. Well it has been 11 days with no answers in sight and my account is in restricted status. Why? I have not done anything wrong far as I know! If I did something wrong then I should be told so I can rectify the problem. This ordeal is making me very upset. Has anyone else experience this? Any advice I called and chatted all I was told at this point is trouble ticket and someone is working on it and someone is getting back to me.

15 Replies 15
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Patience15   Airbnb is riddled with these sorts of tech issues. All you can really do is have what you were named 🙂 and not let them forget about you- keep reminding them that the longer this goes on, they are missing out on you booking a place.

so it is a technical issue? i have been patient enough. i did not appreciate you saying this. I am looking for some answers to my question. please do not respond to the question if you dont have an answer good day to you lady!

so it is a technical issue? i have been patient enough. i did not appreciate you saying this. 

@Patience15  I certainly didn't intend to offend you. Of course it isn't okay that this has gone on so long, and yes it sounds like a tech issue.

When I said to be patient, it's not because this is acceptable, it's because both hosts and guests experience this sort of thing- it taking a ridiculous amount of time for Airbnb to address an issue.

Customer service used to be good, but it's really fallen off a cliff lately.

If you haven't already, try contacting them through their Twitter account, which us said to garner better responses than calling or messaging.

@Sarah977 you were right it is a technical issue. I hope and pray that they fix the issue soon. Thanks again for your insight. 🙂

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Patience15 

I am sorry to hear that and understand you being frustrated. 

You stated, 

“ I reserved one booking, However the host cancelled due to home issues. I booked again, I had to cancel due to a family member getting sick.” 

I believe the host has “ flag”  your profile, reported to Airbnb. Absolutely, not a  technical issue!
The Airbnb specialties safety team received the complaint from the host about your profile, they needed to work on the case, may go through your profile and concern your status, that may be the reason took times to clarify. 

The host may misunderstand after they accepted your booking request in the second times, but you canceled it. If I were you, I will definitely  “ flagged” the host are being unreasonable, disrespectful behavior and terribly wrong decisions by flag you. 

Of course, Airbnb will never give the reason to the guest why the account being  restricted.

As a matter of fact,  the guest is necessary to acknowledge to Airbnb the negative  experience and report the incident.   

Basically I made the 1st reservation the host cancelled due to house issues. So I made another reservation with another host. I kept changing my arrival day due to personal reasons. Finally, I had to tell the host I had to cancel due to family emergency. So based on this, I was flagged(?) and if so, this is just a big misunderstanding and I should not get penalized for this. In closing, do you have any idea when this would be resolved? I thank you so much Dale711 for your insight. I really greatly appreciate it. Do you have any closing advice for this situation at this point? Thanks again, God bless you.

@Dale711 I just clarified that it was a different host the second time I booked. Also, the host was really nice and understanding and she gave me my money back so I'm unsure why she'd report me over a misunderstanding. How can I find out if the host flagged my profile? How do I flag the host if it is true?

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Patience15 

As you keep changing the arrival date in the second booking, it’s seen the new host may think you are not serious with the booking, block their available date, yet lastly you make the cancellation. Indeed,the host has red flag you.

You need to contact the Airbnb Support Help Centre in the booking Help page, “ Live Chat”  [ not a Airbnb bot ] with the Airbnb team, that is always someone here to respond within few minutes. Do acknowledge to the team you been waiting for many days to be unrestricted your account , request the team to remind the case manager who’s restricted your account to contact you immediately, as you may need to make a new booking in Airbnb.

I bet Airbnb would not be open up to you the reason why’s your account being limited access.

Nevertheless, since  2016 you joined Airbnb and you had done nothing wrong. I trust Airbnb will soon clarify your profile and you’re able to fully access the platform.

I hope  you can resolve it. 

Ok thank you for trying. This may be a technical issue.

Sorry about the situation and thanks for your patience.

I will now re-route you to Airbnb Support Ambassador to take a closer look at the technical issue and assist accordingly.

Kindly, do not mark the question as resolved, they will respond to you on this thread shortly.

Do not open a new ticket, if you receive an automated response ignore it and type something to keep it open.

Thank you

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Well done @Patience15  for following @Dale711 's advice by going through the chat system. Leaving the chat open and giving staff the time they need to respond often results in an answer I've found.

Will you update us when successful?

Check the thread daily and perhaps add in further remarks to appreciate that they are working through your issue. Cancellations either way are the cause of upset generally but if you are an essential worker or this is a booking that you propose to make once lockdown is lifted hopefully all will be well. Very best wishes to you.

Mary

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Patience15 

Were you able to upload all details of ID that might possibly be required? I'd like to suggest you add additional proof since you might have restricted status due to only minimal ID. Council Tax, Drivers Licence, Passport. Also email addresses for both home and work if you have two, and, likewise with phone numbers. I can see some people have extensive verifications. Its just a suggestion whilst you're waiting. 

@Mary996 thank you. Yes I did forward good identification to them. Thanks again

Wesley147
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I am having the same issue with no explanation