Account Suspended

Account Suspended

Looking for ANY kind of guidance!

We had a guest that had a party at our house (neighbors complained, it was terrible)...

• I tried to work it out with the guest and called Airbnb to help.
  • I wanted Airbnb to give them a warning. I was hopeful they would take it more seriously.
  • They were quiet for awhile but then at 2am I got another call from the neighbors because they started to be extremely loud again.
  • I also checked the noise monitors we have, NOT RECORDING DEVICES, to confirm that it was the guests.
  • I sent the guests a screen shot of the noise monitors and told them at this point they had to leave and I was calling Airbnb
  • I reported it and asked Airbnb to have them removed last Saturday night.
  • No one got back to me.
  • The guest was allowed to stay, continue to have a party and then did not leave on time.
  • It was one of the worst experiences as a host.
  • Then Sunday morning at 4am ALL of my accounts were put on hold.
  • I had to call 4 people at Airbnb to even find out WHY our account was suspended.
  • The fourth person finally told me it’s because the guest reported that we have a recording device, which of course is a lie.
  • Now it’s been OVER 48 hours and our account is STILL on hold and no one has contacted me back.
  • The last time I called they told me it would take LONGER if I continued to call.

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you in advance!!! 🙂

This is all beyond upsetting.

6 Replies 6
Amy2089
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

You or your husband or your patner should create another account to move your old listing to new account. This will

take time and the guests had a proof to show with Airbnb team that noise monitor might be not allowed to have inside of property for privacy. Even cameras are only set up outside property. I think you have a backup plan to get new account right now to keep doing your listing to receive new bookings rather than waitting  for their reply. 

Thank you!! I thought noise monitors were allowed?

Under  the privacy rules, I think we’re not allowed to put any record devices inside the property. That’s why the guests can report hosts.

Thanks! It was not a recording device, just a noise monitor...

I am currently having the same issue.  I had a guest destroy my house with an unauthorized party and cause over $900 in damages.  Last message I received was, to verify the I've read the safety section of the terms and conditions and reply to an email, to which I did, and my account was being sent to claims. Next morning I woke up to a suspended account without any information, notice or response to over a dozed messages and phone calls.  Seems completely unprofessional of AirBNB and is quite pathetic.  I'm the victim here not the aggressor and I cannot think of anything that would have warranted an account suspension.  

Are your account active now?