Looking for ANY kind of guidance!
We had a guest that had a party at our house (neighbors complained, it was terrible)...
- I tried to work it out with the guest and called Airbnb to help.
- I wanted Airbnb to give them a warning. I was hopeful they would take it more seriously.
- They were quiet for awhile but then at 2am I got another call from the neighbors because they started to be extremely loud again.
- I also checked the noise monitors we have, NOT RECORDING DEVICES, to confirm that it was the guests.
- I sent the guests a screen shot of the noise monitors and told them at this point they had to leave and I was calling Airbnb
- I reported it and asked Airbnb to have them removed last Saturday night.
- No one got back to me.
- The guest was allowed to stay, continue to have a party and then did not leave on time.
- It was one of the worst experiences as a host.
- Then Sunday morning at 4am ALL of my accounts were put on hold.
- I had to call 4 people at Airbnb to even find out WHY our account was suspended.
- The fourth person finally told me it’s because the guest reported that we have a recording device, which of course is a lie.
- Now it’s been OVER 48 hours and our account is STILL on hold and no one has contacted me back.
- The last time I called they told me it would take LONGER if I continued to call.
Does anyone have any advice? Thank you in advance!!! 🙂
This is all beyond upsetting.
Re: Account Suspended
You or your husband or your patner should create another account to move your old listing to new account. This will
take time and the guests had a proof to show with Airbnb team that noise monitor might be not allowed to have inside of property for privacy. Even cameras are only set up outside property. I think you have a backup plan to get new account right now to keep doing your listing to receive new bookings rather than waitting for their reply.
Re: Account Suspended
I am currently having the same issue. I had a guest destroy my house with an unauthorized party and cause over $900 in damages. Last message I received was, to verify the I've read the safety section of the terms and conditions and reply to an email, to which I did, and my account was being sent to claims. Next morning I woke up to a suspended account without any information, notice or response to over a dozed messages and phone calls. Seems completely unprofessional of AirBNB and is quite pathetic. I'm the victim here not the aggressor and I cannot think of anything that would have warranted an account suspension.