Account canceled with no communication from Airbnb. PLEASE HELP!

Cedar2
Level 2
Niagara Falls, NY

Account canceled with no communication from Airbnb. PLEASE HELP!

A few weeks ago, I logged into my account and saw that ALL of my upcoming reservations had been cancelled by Airbnb. No one made any attempt to reach out to me, or inform my guests of why their reservations were cancelled. I've called many times, and every time I am told the same thing: "I'm transferring your case to a different department. Someone will reach out to you soon.” Weeks later, I still have not heard from anyone. From what I’ve gathered, this seems to have happened because my sister’s account was removed due to a rodent infestation, and we share the same co-host with the same phone number on our accounts, so Airbnb thinks we are the same person. Surely I cannot be banned just for being related to someone! Does anyone have any advice for this? We are in a very desperate situation as this business is the only source of income my family has and the bills are piling up fast. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Adam201
Level 2
Draycott in the Clay, United Kingdom

Hi @Cedar2 

Have you checked your (junk) e-mails for a 'violation' notification?

I had one for including the word 'party' 8 paragraphs into my listing description and all our future bookings were cancelled, please see my 'story' and support from other hosts here:-

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/unjustified-Immediate-listing-suspension-without-warning/m-...

Other hosts have posted their experiences on that thread too, maybe if we combine them all we can build up a bit of momentum?

Good luck,

Adam

Adam201
Level 2
Draycott in the Clay, United Kingdom

HI @Cedar2 

On another note, I had a sperate listing all ready to go for a part of my property, you could create a new listing and reach out to your guests to look for your new listing and re-book.

Keep talking to your guests, all mine have been very understanding and just want to be reassured that their holidays are safe.

Regards,

Adam