Account hacked!!

Petra644
Level 2
HKI, Finland

Account hacked!!

Hi, I’m relatively new with Airbnb, having only rented a few times in the past three years and now my account is hacked and I got a reservation for a place I supposedly rent even though I don’t have any real listings available!! 
So someone has hacked into my account and created this listing!!
Does Airbnb take these situations seriously? 

21 Replies 21
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Petra644 

Yes, I believe that they take it very seriously, but only if they are made aware of it.

This is a public forum for guests and hosts. We have no means to investigate your problem.

You need to contact Community Support immediately.

As said, I contacted them three times and reported the listing but no reply. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Petra644 

You need to contact Airbnb about this issue. The listing has strange text,  the house is unfurnished and clearly can not to be taken serious. What about the guest who made a reservation for this weird listing ?

Airbnb must investigate it all.

Yes I have contacted Airbnb 3 times!!! 
This is the only reason I’m on this platform to get some backup on what to do next, as Airbnb obviously doesn’t pay attention to this kind of things!! 
Needless to say, I’m very frustrated, I keep getting info about cleaning and payment related things even though I have reported this listing three times. And so has the person who booked this (and paid it, who knows where her money went!!!)

Petra644
Level 2
HKI, Finland

Yes I have contacted Airbnb 3 times!!! 
This is the only reason I’m on this platform to get some backup on what to do next, as Airbnb obviously doesn’t pay attention to this kind of things!! 
Needless to say, I’m very frustrated, I keep getting info about cleaning and payment related things even though I have reported this listing three times. And so has the person who booked this (and paid it, who knows where her money went!!!)

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Petra644 A little self help would go a long way here. Why don't you either block your listing dates into the future or snooze the listing so you don't make the problem worse?

Hi, thanks for the clever self help advice which unfortunately doesn’t work as there is no snooze or delete buttons on the listing. 
I’m actually not looking for any smart comments to this, this post was made just to warn all of you that most likely all your accounts have been hacked and all your personal information is out there and Airbnb is doing nothing to stop this. 
Have a great day! 

@Petra644  No, all our accounts haven't been hacked.

I'll tag a moderator here so maybe they can light a fire under customer service.

@Nick Think you could help this poster get some on point response from CS? There's a fraudulent listing here that has been booked by an unsuspecting guest who is going to arrive at a place that doesn't exist. 

@Sarah977 I am not convinced this problem is real. If @Petra644 is getting emails about guests booking etc then she should be able to block out future dates on her listing. Based on her reply to me she doesn't seem to want to do this but rather wants to tell us all we have been hacked.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Sarah977 @Emiel1 

Something does smell rather odd here.

I just sent the following message vía the “contact host” function on that odd listing:

”Your apartment appears to be unfurnished but the listing says there is a TV.

Where is the TV? Is there any other furniture?

Your house rules only mention check in time. Is it OK if I invite 10-26 friends over for a quiet birthday celebration?”

It seems to me that if @Petra644 gets that message and is able to respond to it, then she also has the ability to delete the listing. 

If the message is received by someone else then there is a serious problem somewhere.

This could be interesting.

Incidentally, Airbnb strongly encouraged me to instant book for 1 adult and 5 infants, despite my suggestion regarding a possible birthday party.

Hi,

I was able to delete the listing at last but it came right back. 
Here screenshots of this as I documented everything in fear of them reappearing. 

I can also see my account history that once I deleted the listing, someone logged in at 21:55 and obviously put it right back. Also, needless to say I haven’t been to France and Germany in the last few days! 

And until this day, no reply from Airbnb. 1D8B5338-FC01-4672-8CF8-16DE2A11152B.png

CD9580BA-CEB8-4BE5-AC37-81B98DE8F503.png

@Petra644 Have you tried changing the password on your account?

@Petra644 “I was able to delete the listing at last but it came right back.” See the post below for a similar story and check your ‘teams’ to see if that’s where the problem is. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/My-Airbnb-account-was-hacked-here-is-what-happened/m...

I’m actually taking this issue to the EU level as a GDPR privacy breach from Airbnb. Thanks for all (appropriate) replies!