Account was hacked

Sam136
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Account was hacked

So today I found out after getting blocked from my account, someone has somehow gained access from my account and logged in from China and the US and attempted to book a trip in my name. It looks like the payment was cancelled and refunded but it looks like payment methods were added to my account.

I have reported this to support but from what I've read, AirBnb support is lacking..

My questions are,

1) Why and how is this happening? A quick google search reveals this to be far too common.

2) Is my account safe now? I've changed my password, but right now I just want to close it and remove all trace of my personal information and payment details from it.

3) Has anyone got any further with reporting this? Surely if payment information is added to the site, this can be traced and these people can be caught to prevent it from happening again. 

Changing your password and forgetting about it, simply isnt a good enoigh option in my opinion 😞

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There seem to be a lot of phiising attacks, where people go to non AirBnB site and 'logon' giving away their information.

I am not aware ABB itself has been breached.

David