Accounts Suspended?

John-C-1
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Accounts Suspended?

Hello Airbnb Community. I'm a long-time super host on the platform who runs an Airbnb business in my primary residence. After a recent guest stay, my account was suspended and I have absolutely no data or evidence to justify the suspension. I gave the guest in question my highest rating and there was no evidence of a party or other disturbances. I've even contacted my neighbors to ask if they saw anything unusual. Nothing! I continue to get the runaround from the Community Support Team. In fact, the case has been sent to someone in the UK! I'm in the midwest (US). How does that possibly make sense from an efficiency perspective?

Anyway, I am very disappointed in the process, so far. The suspension is costing me thousands of dollars in lost bookings and I have no idea what has transpired. I'd feel better if I could at least understand what has happened. It appears to be a black box. Why would you run a business like this?  Perhaps I should transition my listing to VRBO? Does anyone have a similar experience? 

Thanks,

John 

16 Replies 16
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Another day another random suspension. I guess @John-C-1 could be being economical with the truth but I suspect the poor guy is just having his business ruined for no good reason.

Valerie186
Level 2
Windsor, CA

I just had the same thing happened to me. I have been hosting for 4 1/2 years and have never gotten a bad review. I just had the guest from hell and I tried to appeal to Airbnb to negotiate an early leave with him and he refused and was acting like a crazy person to put it simply. So I asked B And and Airbnb to please terminate the reservation because he was bullying me and verbally harassing me and they terminated the reservation and originally saidThey were terminating it with no penalty on the website. No one contacted me no one told me anything that happened and then suddenly I go on my site to check the calendar and it says my account is suspended for eight months. I have messaged them but they don’t respond they don’t call me they don’t message me they don’t tell me anything or give me any information. I guess my only recourse is to go to another host site and get out of Airbnb after 4 1/2 years I don’t know what else to do

You can reinstate your listing by using a different email address.  You will lose your reviews but can continue your business.  There will be no "link" to connect the new one to the one they deactivated.  

We had a crazy person too and he called in a bogus complaint.  We ended up getting it resolved but only after going through hell.  But I noticed our other listings were not suspended because we had them under different family members.  If they had refused to reinstate our listing I was prepared to start it over again.  

I don't think there are any other host sites than Airbnb.  I wish there were.  VRBO is only for vacation rentals.  

@Cathi4 

But Cathi4, that is crazy: we have to resort to being dishonest to stay in business? I don't want to use other alias or family emails or secret accounts to circumvent bad policy from Airbnb. I want an honest and open connection with the company I work with. 

It's a last resort if needed.  Open and honest connection isn't always available from Airbnb.  After our listing was restored once the paranoid schizophrenic guest retracted his bizarre accusation we were told flatly that if "this" happens again (???) our listing will be permanently deactivated.   Talk about a punch in the gut ...

@Valerie186,

How was your situation resolved? Are you still suspended?

Why don't you try the competition?

Airbnb will listen first to a guest from hell but not a trusted super host.

Something is not right.

What competition?  There is none that I know of. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Valerie186 

Just keep messaging them.

Maybe also try Twitter (account: AirbnbHelp)

Good evening!
My ad has been canceled. This is because my account is new, created after the start of the war with Russia. I understand that this is Airbnb's policy against fraudsters. However, my ad is not fraudulent. I had several bookings from foreigners who did not come, reported that this is support for me. But there were people who lived in me, finding ads on Airbnb. I still want to rent out my home, it helps both the refugees and me. My wife and I were forced to leave Kyiv for the Lviv region, in the city of Truskavets at the beginning of the war. I have two apartments here. My parents, my wife and I live in one, and the other began to be handed over to refugees. His wife is survived by his parents, young brothers and grandmother in occupied Kherson, who live in a bomb shelter. Everyone lost their jobs because of the war. So I repeat, this announcement was a great way to help my family and other people in need. Without your service, it will simply be empty. Please resume my canceled ad. If necessary, I can provide photos and other evidence you need to confirm my words.

@Ігор5  First of all, this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. No one here has any control over what is listed.

Secondly, we are all well-aware of the suffering you are all experiencing and are supportive of everything that can alleviate the suffering and end this war as quickly as possible.

But hosts transferring money to other hosts was not intended to be just a humanitarian money transfer service. It was intended to help out established  hosts who have lost their income. I'm sorry to say this, because I know it is not your intention, but it is indeed fraudulent to put up a new listing when in fact you cannot host, just to get people to send you money, even if the money is sorely needed and will be used to help others as well as yourself.

I have accommodation. Until Airbnb canceled the announcement, I even managed to receive guests. My poop is not a "ghost". I can provide any confirmation for this (photos, videos, documents, etc.)

I believe you and I think it's rotten that Airbnb won't give you a chance.  They have treated us poorly as hosts too in a way that truly shocked me after three years of excellent support.  That's why I got on this forum in the first place to warn other hosts about what happened to us because of one paranoid  schizophrenic (by his own admission)  guest who reported something absolutely bizarre and false.  I feel sad but don't think the trust I had in them will ever be regained.

Orhan24
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello @John-C-1 , my account has been suspended. What should I do to open it?

Were you given a reason?  We weren't when it happened to us.