Accuracy of the amenities under listing

Ricardo741
Level 6
Kingston, Jamaica

Accuracy of the amenities under listing

Fire-TV-4K-Kodi.jpgI obserevd that the choices in the amenities section under listing are insufficient. The first findings is that an option is there under amenities  to inform guests whether or not the place have any TV and or cable TV.  My place is situated in Jamaica were cable TV is becoming outdated and is being replaced by Fire-tv.  Both cable TV and Fire-tv have the same amount of channels. Fire tv is even better becuase it is mobile once there is internet / wifi and also a guest can purchase or rent a movie without even have to comminicate with any service provider. in addition, apps can be downloaded to add more tv stations on fire-tv.  Under my listing I am unable to properly inform my guests that I may have all of the channels or tv stations they wanted.  Becuase there is no option for Fire Tv or even satelite dish, because of this  my potential guests might be loosing out on our offer.

The second findings is about heating, central or just a heater in my listing. There needs to be an option to inform guests whether or not having heater while hosting in a particular location is important to a guet's reservation. I am from a section of Jamaica where people experience  moderate tempreture on a constant basis all yearly, there is no need for heater in my building unless I want to bake my guests. The choice should be there on Airbnb for hosts to tell there guests if not having heater will pose any problem. Central heater.jpg

Ceilin fan.jpgMy third notation is that there is an option for  air conditioning (AC); however, there is none for ceiling fans. As I said before the tempreture in my location is 

moderate, which means that fans is quite adequate or comfortable especially for guests who are working with a small budget. Having AC are very expensive on utility and also affects the price of each listing on Airbnb.

The fourth observation is that 'dryer' is very important for people on the go; however, there should be an option to tell people that there is suffiecint plaace to hang garments after washing them and the estimated time for them to dry.  The option should state something like free or paid  dryer, clothes line or nothing at all. Doing so will give guests the option to plan better for their trips. 

Clothes line.jpg

The fifth notation under amenities is that indoor fire place is not needed in Jamaica especially close to its city and towns.  It is also against the law to have indoor fire place inside your building in some areas of Jamaica. Indoor fire place is not needed in jamaica, as a result Airbnb needs  to give give guests / host the option.   Example, indoor fire place yes, no, not relevant because of constant tempreture of x degrees to x degrees  in the area. Overall, if Airbnb is unsure about what amentities missing, or need changing, each host should be able to add or delete and give reasons why a particular amenity is unavailable. 

0 Replies 0