Accused of hacking by another host

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

Accused of hacking by another host

Dear Airbnb and community members. I am in a bit of an awkward situation. A rather new host in my small town is spreading the word that I have hacked her listing some time back. Her listing seems to be fine now but she has accused ME of the hacking. Apparently her calendar was hacked. 

I have not responded to it any way and to not intend to do so either.  But being a small town it makes things rather difficult. I need to know if such mistakes can happen by mistake on the system. It there any reason for her to belief it was me? Can it be some glitch? 

Also was Airbnb not able to give her the correct information after sorting out the matter?Can it be that I was looking at her linsting and something went wrong without my knowledge?? I know it sounds crazy but why is she so convinced that it was me  and even say from my work computer? I use my private email address for Airbnb not even the work one. Very strange indeed! Hope someone can assist with some information on this topic 

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Sounds like a crazy lady.

David

Thank you @David0. I did reach out to them via Twitter but I got a reply that they have no idea why I am in this situation and that the other host should contact them for assistance. So that was not really helpful at all

I have contacted the Airbnb Customer Support team and hope to hear from them soon.