Achieving Superhost Status

Elie0
Level 1
New York, NY

Achieving Superhost Status

Hi,

Prior to the superhost assessment on Jan 1, 2016, I had all the necessary qualifications for getting superhost. Still, I wasn't awarded it and the assessment date has now been pushed back 4 months. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks,

Elie

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Elie0 Hi there!  I believe that you must meet all the requirements for 1 listing.  Looking at your 5 listings, it would appear you would have acheived SH status if all reviews/stays, etc were combined.  None of your listings met the requirements on their own.  Here's more info:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/829/how-do-i-become-a-superhost

Thanks for the quick reply @Clare0, but on the linked refrerence page I don't see information about them having to be from 1 listing -- can you direct me to where you are referring to?

Thanks,

Elie

@Elie0 That's why I said " I believe".  No, they don't spell it out clearly like many things in the Help section.  If you want, you can contact Airbnb and try to get a more definitive answer.  Please let me/us know what you find out!

@Elie0@Clare0 I think this is the case Claire. One of the criteria for SH staus is a minimum of 10 reviews, one of my listings has only 9. At least one listing has to have the required 10 reviews, which is probably the reason Elie has to wait untill the next evaluation.

@Raymond-and-Elaine0 @Elie0 Sorry if I wasn't clear.  My guess is that if you have 5 listings, for example, 1 of the 5 needs to meet all the requirements in order for the Host to acheive SH status.  Airbnb doesn't spell that out though so my answer is not definitive. 

I completely agree with you Clare :))

Thank you both!

@Elie0  That's nice of you Elie to  say 'thank-you', it doesn't happen often! So thank-you too 🙂