Add day to existing reservation

Answered!
Cathy398
Level 2
Berlin, NH

Add day to existing reservation

I have someone a guest or wanted to stay an extra night. I put the night separate from the other nights so do they pay two amounts

1 Best Answer

Do I have everything a little clearer now?

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Cathy398,

Reservations can be changed by either the host or the guest.

Hosts  can go to the reservation and follow the steps in the article below.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

Following the steps above you should see the amount that the guest will pay.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I put the night separate from the other nights".

Is it that they want to check out the day after their original checkout date or is the extra night a few days after the original checkout date?

Steve.

He originally wanted to stay only 2 nights. He called and wants to stay 3 now. I added the extra night but now it shows him having two reservations, 2 seperate prices 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Cathy398  If the stay has not happened yet you can alter the reservation by going to it and cloicking on Change or Cancel then select change and add the extra day and submit it and get the guest to approve it. They will be billed more your way because you have a cleaning fee they will be charged for both reservations. Your listing is confusing also are you renting out all three rooms together? Currently with your 20% discount I can rent your place for $105 a night for 6 people. Do you want each room to be rented seperately? If this is the case you need to create a seperate listing for each bedroom and then one for all 3 rooms together. You would need to link the listings also so you do not get overbooked. If it is a shared environment you need to state it more clearly. 

How do I link Airbnb calendars for multiple listings?

If you have multiple listings on Airbnb (for example, an entire home and a room inside that home), you can link their Airbnb calendars to prevent double-bookings.

To link Airbnb calendars for multiple listings:

1. Go to Listings on airbnb.com and click a listing whose calendar you'd like to link
  2. Click Availability
  3. Next to Linked Airbnb calendars, click Link
  4. Click Create linked calendars, then select the listing for the entire home you’d like to link to other calendars
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the listings inside of the home, then click Save

Note: If you don’t indicate that the listings are connected, a reservation for one listing won’t automatically block those reservation dates on the other listing's calendar. For example, if the primary listing is booked for a certain date, then it will block that date on the calendars of any listings under it, and vice versa. However, if you block a date on a calendar of a listing under the primary listing, it won't block the calendars of other listings at that level, only the calendar of the primary listing it's linked to.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Do I have everything a little clearer now?

Robert4321
Level 2
Euless, TX

I’m a guest and I cant request more days as the start date is locked.   Everything after start day is blacklisted with exception of requested days, and everything after is unable to schedule due to start day 😕