Adding Security Deposit & Cancellation Fee After Listing Posted.

Answered!
Shana133
Level 1
Ocean City, NJ

Adding Security Deposit & Cancellation Fee After Listing Posted.

After posting my first listing, I realized I hadn't added the security deposit or cancellation fees.  A few bookings have already come through. Can I add those fees and it not affect the current bookings? I want to add these for the new bookings but I don't want an alert or fees to change on the already booked weeks. Is this possible? 

Thanks so much!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shana133 

Adding security deposit will only affect future bookings.

Not sure what you mean by "cancellation fee". I guess you want to change the cancellation policy ?

It will also affect new bookings only

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shana133 

Adding security deposit will only affect future bookings.

Not sure what you mean by "cancellation fee". I guess you want to change the cancellation policy ?

It will also affect new bookings only

Thank you! Just needed to confirm any changes will be for new bookings.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shana133  Hosts do not list a "cancellation fee". You choose the cancellation policy you want to use and cancellations and refunds are handled by Airbnb according to your policy.

Any changes you make in your settings only apply to future bookings.

Thanks so much! yes, if we choose to change the cancellation policy...that's what I meant. Thanks for confirming changes will be for new bookings only. 

@Shana133  It isn't just those settings which only apply to future bookings, it's anything in your listing info. 

For instance, lets say you start out offering the use of a washing machine to guests- it's listed in your amenities. Then at some point you decide not to offer that anymore, as you find guests are abusing that privilege, they are doing laundry twice a day.

The bookings you already have are entitled to use the washing machine, bookings made after you changed that won't be.