Adding an extra guest charge later after booking

Jesse68
Level 2
Eastsound, WA

Adding an extra guest charge later after booking

Is it possible to add an extra guest charge later after confirmation of reservation. I have a guest that wants to add 4 guests later possibly, but wants to hold the reservation now with a payment.

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jesse68 

It is always best if a guest books for the right number of people right from the start, but understanding that this guest wants to secure the reservation, the next best thing to do is to get the guest to confirm the number of guests before the start of the reservation.  This way, you can do an alteration to change the number of guests and charge accordingly.  

Be sure to keep all conversations about the number of guests on Airbnb's messaging system so if there is a dispute, there will be a record.  Even if the guest calls and tells you what the situation is or will be, you can always write him a message to confirm the discussion. 

After a reservation has started, you will need to use the Resolution Center to request money for additional guests.  

Here are some links that will be helpful to you: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

If you have questions, ask!

Clare,

Wow... so really this sounds like it could become a mess fast? 

Best to do the reservation once huh?

Jesse

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jesse68. Well, I'm sure this situation comes up a lot since sometimes people don't know exactly what their plans are.  If you haven't already confirmed / accepted the reservation, you can always decline with a kind note to the guest that they are welcome to re-book once they know how many guests will be coming.  Inform the guest that you have extra charges for additional people so it would be best for them to book once they know how many will be arriving.  

If you would like to accept this guest's reservation otherwise, you could say something like this: 

Hi "Jim" (or whatever the name is) I would be delighted to have you as my guest, but I will need you to book when you know exactly how many will be staying at my place.  Since the price of the stay depends on the number of guests, I will decline your request for now, but please feel free to re-book once your plans are firm."  

This way your calendar remains open for anyone else that wants to book and knows what their plans are. 

Or, you can follow the steps I outlined previously.  

More questions?  Ask away!

Jesse68
Level 2
Eastsound, WA

All good. Thank you for all your help! Much Appreciated Clare! 

@Jesse68. Happy to help!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jesse68,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm very happy to see that Clare was able to help you out with adding an extra guest charge. 

I hope you have a wonderful time hosting :-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen