Adding photos to messages to guests

Answered!

Adding photos to messages to guests

Hello Fellow Air bnb folks - I'm trying to attach photos to the directions or message part of my listing to only the people who are confirmed.  We have a slightly hidden entrance to our neighborhood, so I wanted to include pictures of where you would turn to enter it.  Does anyone have suggestions about how to do this?  Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Sarah1498
Level 2
Mid-Cambridge, MA

You can only attach photos in the AirBnb app.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22

According to the internet today, there is a whole proceedure that started today that you can use to send people check in instructions but I haven't been able to find it yet.  

You can always send them a personal email with the instructions in a pdf. 

A guest sent me a photo as a message the other day. I also would like to know how to do that.

Amy-Kimberly0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

I've been searching for this as well unsuccessfully!  It's a bit difficult to navigate this app.  If anyone finds it pls let us know.  Thank you!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Colleen-and-Dave0

@Amy-Kimberly0 @Susan568 @Alice-and-Jeff0

Hi, you've probably all found out how to do this by now...

but I've just climbed aboard the images-by-app wagon recently 😄

And it's great!

Easy to direct arrival instructions in a pic, so guests always have it on hand.

In the app, but only on the message thread for a confirmed booking, you can see icons at the bottom where you would type a message. You can choose taking a picture with your camera directly as well as uploading one from your phone (probably also on the iPad?). Haven't tried it yet with other documents, but should theoretically work too.

And anything you send that way is then also visible on your full website version too.

As a matter of fact I still haven't figured it out so this is really great. Thanks so much Andrea! 

Richann0
Level 4
Dunnellon, FL

A newly confirmed guest is able to send me photos directly in messages.  I however, am not.  He said there is a camera icon directly in the message field area (top left).  I'm guessing that he's able to do us using the Airbnb cell phone app, and I am not able because I don't have a cell phone and am using the Airbnb via my computer desktop.  Please confirm. I searched "Help" and the Community but didn't find my answer, but this thread came closest to it.  And, I thought that maybe posting here, as well as, finding my answer would inform those here that we can do this "share an image directly to our confirmed guests" some how.  It doesn't make sense to me that guests could share, but host couldn't, so there's got to be some other explanation.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hey @Richann0, as you say and exactly as I've explained in my old post above.

I hate typing on tiny screens, so when sending for ex. my arrival pics I use my computer and phone in tandem. Computer: Text typed with 10 fingers, send. Phone: Picture(s) sent. Computer: refresh (or not) page: next text, send. Etc.

🙂

okay @Andrea9 <<ooh I didn't even know that "@" auto-feature was available, haha, until just now. Nice. So yeah I thought by what you said that it was an app only feature, but I wasn't 100% sure. I understand your reason for using both devices, too.  This gives me just one more reason why I'll be soon getting a cell phone.  I'm almost an anomoly not having one! 

Sarah1498
Level 2
Mid-Cambridge, MA

You can only attach photos in the AirBnb app.

Still could not upload using Airbnb app

I could not either. It's very inconvenient.

Also, seems you can only send to a person you have already excepted as a guest. If you have not approved them to stay at your location Airbnb locks that feature out. Extremely ignorant of Airbnb. 

And you can only do it once they are a paid renter, cannot send anything until then. Sometimes makes it very frustrating when trying to help the renter understand something they are inquiring about 

In the past I would upload a saved picture in the message to my incoming guests of my parking pass, but I am currently having problems as I am following all the same steps  that I did previously  for attaching a document (image)  and nothing happens.  Hmm