Additional Account details request from Airbnb

Patrick435
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

Additional Account details request from Airbnb

Hi, I have just received a text message saying Airbnb want additional bank account details. How do I know this is genuine. It came from a number that Airbnb last texted me from in 2016. There is nothing in my host dashboard about this. Is this a scam.

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Patrick435  Do not respond to the email call AirBnB direct about it.

AirBnB  Ireland +353 1 697 1831

Patrick435
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

SO I called that number, they are looking into it and will get back to me. How can they not know wether they have asked for these details or not.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Patrick435,

Welcome!

That's odd! Have you heard anything back? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I was sent an alternative telephone number which did work. I was advised that I should only submit any details through the platform, but they were unable to confirm if Airbnb requires any further bank details from me. All a bit unsatisfactory as the original message says payments will be stopped from 24 th August if I do not respond. 

Giboy0
Level 1
Tagaytay, Philippines

I received a similar message from Airbnb thru my smart phone requesting legal business details .Screenshot_20181115-090010.pngScreenshot_20181115-090054.pngScreenshot_20181115-090131.png

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Airbnb in AU broke payments for thousands of hosts, we're all suffering and waiting through the process of getting things reset, the exact same details validated again... and paid for guests that are long gone.

Thankfully I'm not out of pocket for thousands of dollars like some hosts I know.

It seems the problem isn't restricted to Australia. It's been a failure in honesty and transparency from Airbnb to this point.

Robbie-And-Pete0
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

I’m wary about giving these details but also the page won’t open for me to do so. Meanwhile no payments coming through from any guests since early January. What do we do now.