Additional Guest fee can be changed for certain dates?

Lena60
Level 2
State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Additional Guest fee can be changed for certain dates?

Hi, I have my day price referenced for 4 people in my house that sleeps 8. This is in price settings extra charges for each guest over "4". After 4  people I charge an extra guest fee. This applies to my whole calendar however, right? I'd like to be able to have the extra guest fee charged only after 6 people during some times of the year when I am waiting for a more attractive reservation (more people higher price). That way I can set my price for the high period at I higher day rate (that would be referenced for up to 6 people), and guarantee that 4 people don't instant book on new year's for example without paying the minimum day rate I am wanting. Any way to do this? Or am I just stuck?

3 Replies 3

No you cannot change the extra guest fee for seaonality.  You need to reprice your listing for high season to cover the fee you want, whether there is 1 guest or 6.  The listing is based on the place, not on the guest numbers.  The extra guest fee should cover the costs of the extra linen, beds you need to service, breakfast or other wear and tear after the FIRST guest.  So if 1 person rents, what is the least you will take for your property.  If there are 10, they should just be covering the extra work, not contributing to the base price.  Think of the extra people as additional revenue, not a part of the base price. 

Lena60
Level 2
State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks Alice and Jeff for the reply. It would be a nice feature to have however. There are other sites that allow for this kind of detail and it would be nice if Airbnb allowed it as well. 

Jim213
Level 1
Arlington, VA

Yes, it is indeed frustrating that you can't vary the extra guest fee by rental period.  During the off seaon (I have ski homes), I like to lower the base rent to encourage low occupancy, which also helps with parking (guests always have minimal vehicles during the ski season).  Other rental sites do allow for this, and hopefully AirBnB will in the near future.