Additional guests

Taylor4
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Additional guests

My last guest booked alone for four days. Early on Saturday, she asked me if her girlfriend could stop by to pick her up. I didn't see an issue with her coming inside for a brief period, so I agreed to her request. We had a late night that evening and came home (quietly) around 4 am. We noticed our guest was still awake and she had a male guest in the room with her. While cleaning the room after her stay, I found condoms in the trash can. Let me clarify, having sex in a private bedroom is not my concern. Bringing strangers into my house (for an overnight hookup) and leaving visible condoms is a BIG problem.

How do I make it clear NOT to bring strangers into our home? Should I approach the guest in this case? Can I charge extra for additional guests?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Taylor4, I checked your listing, and noted that your House Rules are minimal. You need to be far more specific. List clearly the kinds of rules you want - and expect - guests to follow. This includes not bringing an additional guest into the house. The booking was for one person, not two. The rules should also include not having unauthorised visitors on the premises at any time.

I also noted that you have no Security Deposit in place. I'd recommend adding one.

I see you do have an 'extra guest' charge. Was this in place at the time the guest booked? If not, it's doubtful you can make a claim.

Perhaps you could try via the Resolution Center.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request...

If it were me, I'd put it down to experience and move on. But be sure to beef up your House Rules. Check other people's listings for private rooms to see what sorts of things are indicated. You can be sure that most of the rules are in place on the basis of a host's experience. 🙂

Sorry. Edited post.