Additional services & Airbnb fees

Liz177
Level 2
Earlysville, VA

Additional services & Airbnb fees

I'd like to offer grocery shopping for an additional fee. Can someone tell me how much Airbnb takes for their fee if I go through the resolution center?

5 Replies 5
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Liz177 To my knowledge, Airbnb doesn't take a fee on payouts made through the Resolution Centre. I could have that wrong, but I've always received the amount I've asked for, no fees subtracted. Hope that helps! - Karen

Thank you very much! I am seeing so many different answers on past threads that I couldn't make heads or tails out of the answers. You've saved me a lot of trouble and worry - thanks again!

OK, so I've just read that you can only use the resolution center once per booking. Do you know if that is accurate? If it is, that means that once I made the charge for my additional service and the guest damages the house in some way, I would have no way to recover the cost. Anyone have any thoughts on this wrinkle?

Hi @Liz177 I wasn't aware of that - it's the first I've heard of it, but it might be right. I guess it makes sense to only allow one use because it's usually used at the end of a stay to collect for damage or missing items. You might be better off to discuss the grocery shopping with all your guests before they book and collect the fee using the Special Offer feature. Specify that additional services must be booked at the time of booking or something along that line? Or you could use the "Change Reservation" option for confirmed bookings and send them the updated price which includes your additional services? Maybe another host with more experience will chime in here! 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help - you're so right about things being somewhat complicated & difficult to navigate in the beginning! It does get easier though, I promise. - Karen

Thanks, Karen! I'm not even sure that Iminfirmation was s correct since I am just reporting what another host said. I could be spreading misinformation. It does make some sense, though, I agree.

I think I may have to just do this privately if anyone wants the service. None of the other options seem quite right. It seems as if this is something that should be easier. An additional services option should be available.

i

Thanks for helping!