Adjusting stay dates

Vinny0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Adjusting stay dates

Hello!

My first guest booked one of my rooms from Wednesday 13th until today the 15th, and now she asked me if she can stay one day longer and pay for it cash. The room is available so I'm ok with her staing one more day, but I saw in the Help Center that I'm not supposed to take cash. How do I go about adding days to her stay? I saw in the resolution center how to request more money through the system, but how do I let AirBnB know she is staying longer so the stay is still covered in their insurance? It's too late now for her to request a brand new stay as the way my listing is set up it asks for a 24h heads up.

4 Replies 4
Vinny0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I'm currently at the Resolution Center under "Request money to change dates or guests" and it asks me for an Amount. Do I type in the total amount that the reservation is going to come out to, or just the amount of money that I would like to be added to the total?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I believe it's the additional amount but why not give them a call and check?

Brand new host here, i did not know I could actually call them. I just called and the answer was extremely quick and helpfull. Turned out that it was only an issue with the app not letting me update the check out date, the actual website when openned from a computer allowed me to do so! 🙂

Hi Vinny,

You will mostly need to alter the itinerary. Given that you charge them X per night, the moment you change the chec out date, the overall payable also changes. Once this is done, the guest will need to accept this change from their end. Airbnb then charges their payment instrument accordingly.

Good luck!