Advice on how to improve my listing on search

Stewart-and-Ali0
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Advice on how to improve my listing on search

I am a super-host and was doing well, but recently I have few bookings. When I search for my units they are difficult to find. There are new listings on page one, yet as a super-host with 5-star ratings I am not even on the first 5 Pages!

4 Replies 4
Franziska23
Level 2
Leipzig, Germany

Hi

we have the same problem at the moment - we keep updating our calender and change description and pictures around and still bookings are really slow. Perhaps its just this time of year? And in our area it seems that there are so many new hosts all the time and they always get listed first.

Ps any comments on how to improve our listing are welcome

Franziska

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Stewart-and-Ali0 @Franziska23 I noticed when I update my listing in anyway, it gets a boost. I too am a super host with great reviews and I noticed I’m on page two or three now. I don’t have a lot of available dates in the next few months, so I understand promoting listings that are actually available. The flood of competition is amazing. Everyday there are two or three new listings in my area. A spa hotel recently listed almost 20 separate rooms. That’s at least the first two pages of listings. 

Make sure all your details are filled out and your guest book is complete. Add captions to all of your photos and published a response for every review left. 

Good Luck!

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stewart-and-Ali0,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I found a very interesting topic about how you can improve your results in search. 

I hope you find this useful. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Exactly the same happens to me. Same synthoms. I was doing quite well. Great reviews. 5 stars. Superhost. Accepting all Airbnb suggestions about lowering the price... and I cant get my listing shown in the first 5 pages (49 listings). Actually my listing does not appear automatically in any page.  I can only make it appear if (playing to be a host) I apply filters like range of price, number of beds, dates... But not in the initial listings. "I want to go to Hamilton, MT" "any date". I have been in contact with Airbnb advisers several times: "what am I doing wrong?" "What can I do to be in the group that appears in the 5 first pages" No helpful answer. I cant find out what is the algorism key that gets your listing in the initial pages, even if its not in the first ones.