Advice on pricing and occupancy rates

Nicola337
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Advice on pricing and occupancy rates

I have a 1 bedroom flat in the Dennistoun area of Glasgow (modern style rather than traditional) which is let out long term.  The tenant has handed in their notice so I’m thinking of doing Airbnb short term rentals instead.  I wondered if any of you could advise on a nightly rental price and how many nights per week I could expect it to be booked?  Alternatively, do you know how I could contact Airbnb to see if they could provde me with this information.

I am currently a superhost through a 2 bedroom traditional style flat in the Southside of Glasgow but know that the property in Dennistoun will not be the same so am looking for some insights before committing to Airbnb rental or long term rental for this flat.

Thanks for any advice!
2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicola337  The AirDNA site has this type of information. And just look at similar listings in your area to get an idea of the nightly rate others are charging. Look at their calendars to see how booked they are, although of course dates could show as blocked for reasons other than them being booked, but you should be able to get a general idea. 

Also keep in mind that things aren't "normal" these days due to Covid travel disruptions.

Nicola337
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I didn't know about AirDNA - thanks for that.

It's all a bit weird with Glasgow listings at the moment.  COP 26 was hosted here in November which really inflated prices and then there's Covid which means things are quieter, so in this particular city it's difficult to guage things just now.  Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Thanks for your help!