Advice on pricing, second room, and additional people please!

Cat24
Level 2
Portland, OR

Advice on pricing, second room, and additional people please!

Just got my listing fired up and I'm confused about the best way to make my pricing clear and as automated as possible while showing up in the appropriate search results. Any recommendations much appreciated so I can avoid confusion or being taken advantage of by guests. Here's the situation:

I have two bedrooms on the main level, each sleeps up to two adults. I want to show up in search results for solo travelers and couples looking for just one room (about $75-$90 a night) as well as groups of 3-4 who need a second room or two people who each want privacy. I do not want to rent out each room separately as that's more listings and communications to manage as well as less privacy and more coming and going that could disturb the other guests. I've added a fee for additional people so that if a group of 4 books they automatically see the price for the second room included. And I've written out in the description in several places that the listed price is for up to 2 people in the first bedroom and an additional fee of $70 will be added if they want to also use the second bedroom. I don't want 4 people showing up thinking they're getting a total bargain and I don't want two people showing up and messing up both rooms.

Based on what I've read in here so far it sounds like I can send a "special offer" to make any necessary price adjustments in keeping with what my listing spells out.

Have I covered all my bases here? Again, I want to have the most likely scenarios be as automated and clear as possible while not leaving too many loopholes for a dispute. Thanks in advance!

23 Replies 23

tHANKS GUYS USUSEFOR ALL YOUR IDEAS I AM NEW AND WAS FEELING CONFUSED

ABOUT PRICING WITH 2 SEPERATE ROOMS 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I do npt charge per person and from what I have seen on here it causes more issues.

So I would list one room and mention on my listing that there is a second one that can be added for a fixed charge if needed.

AirBnB is not set up o handle this situation, so for me this would be simplest.

David

Thank you very much.  That's what I thought I should do but needed reassurance.

Take care

Toni 

We're in the same situation and would appreciate some guidance on having two rooms available please.

Hi I am new to hosting and have 8 rooms, one with a private bath.  3 rooms sleep 2 @80.00 per night, 2 that sleep up to 4 to 6 and  3 that sleep 6 to 8  Icannot seem to prices them out seperate

@Laura753

You only have one listing for the whole place, presumably you want to list your rooms individually.

David

You need to create 8 different listings for 8 private rooms.

Then you can price accordingly

Hi everyone

I have just started out on this journey and I see the problem as well.  I have advertised my place at a particular price and that is per night.  I now have a booking for 6 [people and Air BNB has calculated my pricing for the whole 14 days as that set amount per night.  How do I now adjust the pricing and make them see that it can't be for 6 people for the whole 14 days.

Please help

Thanks so much 

Leigh

Fran20
Level 1
Knysna, ZA

Hi there I have a 2 bed onsuite apartment with common lounge/dining and deck area.

I have priced the Loft Apartment for two in order not to lose out if only 2 people want to book, however during peak time from 15 December to 31 Feb, I do not want only 2 people in the Loft as I can always sell both rooms to 4 people.

How do I adjust this setting in order to say during ex time only bookable for 4 people?

Thank you for any help as I am new on Airbnb.