Advice on writing review for host with no boundaries

Answered!
Iwan11
Level 1
Morganstown, United Kingdom

Advice on writing review for host with no boundaries

Hi Hosts, 

I have recently had my first bad experience with an air bnb host. The host initially seemed friendly however the second evening of my stay, it was around 23:00 and he came into the room un-announced to talk about check out times and where to leave the key. I feel like this was inappropriate and he should have messaged me on the app instead. The whole experience shocked me and I didn’t sleep well that night at all. 

Im torn on what to do because they guy seemed nice and was for the most part a good host. I just really feel like I have had my privacy violated as a stranger just walked In unannounced while I was in bed. 

Should I leave private feedback and a good review or should I mention it in the review? 

1 Best Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Iwan11 definitely inappropriate. If the host is new I'd do it it private feedback as he may just be clueless, but otherwise I'd warn other guests. Did the bedroom door have no lock? In that case I would definitely mention that in the public review either way.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Iwan11 definitely inappropriate. If the host is new I'd do it it private feedback as he may just be clueless, but otherwise I'd warn other guests. Did the bedroom door have no lock? In that case I would definitely mention that in the public review either way.

Iwan11
Level 1
Morganstown, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa723 

He has been hosting since Nov 2018 so a fair amount of time. After reading  back though old reviews another guest mentioned he had entered the room twice after knocking but not giving time to respond. I feel inclined to mention it in my review now as he has not responded to the feedback. Yes the door also had no lock. 

Thank you for your swift response! You have been super helpful! 

Iwan