Advice please - calendar settings and variable pricing

Billy83
Level 2
Černuc, Czech Republic

Advice please - calendar settings and variable pricing

Dear all,

I spent a very short amount of time yesterday setting up a one bedroom apartment on airbnb, and unfortunately I have not been able to work out how to manage a couple of things despite looking at various threads and discussion forums.  In fact I have found solutions but the description of how to manage it did not match the reality of the webpage or ios application, for example "edit" button not being available.

I would like to do two things:

1, set up the calendat so people can only start their stay on friday, saturday or sunday and stay much be a minimum of 5 nights

Secondly I would like to choose certain dates and have specific pricing for those dates.  Some forums say that i can do this from the calendar, but I cannot do this from my calendar, all I can do is block / unblock dates.

thank you very much

Bill

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Billy83,

The second issue, prices for specific dates, is the easiest one to address so I'll do that first.

If the instructions below don't work then you'll have to contact Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

I don't have an iOS device so can't say how things should work on that app.

You can use the calendar to set specific prices for dates only if those dates are unblocked.

Go to your calendar on the website and click on a date for which you wish to set a price. If that date is unblocked you should see a price box in the window on the right as in the first screenshot below.

If the date is blocked you can set a price for it only if you unblock it. In this case you'll see only the options to block or unblock. Unblock the date and the price option should appear. However, if you then block the date again the price setting will be lost and you'll have to set it again when you next unblock the date.

Information on setting checkin days will be in the next post.

For information on ways to contact AIrbnb support type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Screenshot (91).png

Screenshot (92).png

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Billy83,

Setting checkin days with a minimum stay for checkins on those days is possible using the rule-sets feature.

It's a long winded process and it does not work with the Firefox browser. Use Chrome or Microsoft's browser. It will also change the default view of your calnedar to be the mulit-calendar view where all the dates appear in one horizontal line but you can still see the whole month view by clicking on the name of your listing on the calendar.

You enable the rule sets feature, create a "can't check in on Monday to Thursday" rule and then select the dates to which you wish to apply the discount rule.

To enable rule sets

===============

Go to the link below.

https://www.airbnb.com/hosttools

Ignore that it says it's for professional hosts with many listings. I have just one listing, a room in my house and it works for me.

Scroll down to the "Work the way you want" section and click on "Use the tools now" link. On the next page scroll to the "reservations" section and click on "Use the multi-calendar".

Your default calendar view will now be the multi calendar one where the dates are all in one line. You can select the whole month view by clicking on the name of your listing beside its photo on the left.

To create a rule

============

Log out and log in again and go to your calendar. It should show the multicalendar view with a "Create new rule-set" button on the right.

Click this and enter a name, for example "Weekend checkin", in the "Rule-set name" box.

Then click on "Customise" for "Check-in and checkout days".

Check the boxes on the left to say that guests can't check in on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Click on "Customise" for "Trip length" and set 5 as the minimum stay.

Then scroll down and click on "Save".

To apply the rule to dates

====================

On your calendar click on the name of the listing so as you see the whole month view of the calendar.

Click on the first date to which you wish to apply the discount.

In the box that appears on the right click to the right of the arrow in the "Selected dates" box and select the end date of the period to which you wish to apply the discount.

Then click in the "Rule-sets" box and select the discount rule that you created above.

Click on "Save".

The rule will apply to any checkin done on a date in the range.

You have to apply this rule manually to all dates for which you wish it to apply. There isn't a way to set a rule to be the default behaviour.

How do I create and edit rule sets?

Steve.