Advice regarding issues with Host

Advice regarding issues with Host

At the beginning of the month I rented a place from October to December in Warsaw, Poland. After 2 weeks in this apartment, the host constacts me and tells me that he sold the apartment and he needs me to move which after arguing with him, I accepted. He told me that he will come pick me up on Saturday and he will pay for anything that I need to move. On friday in the morning (1 day earlier) someone tries to open the door with a key while I was sleeping but couldn't open the door because I locked it from inside. I open the door and a women starts yelling at me in Polish and then in English telling me that this is her apartment. We argue for about 30 min she calls the host and he tells me I have to leave RIGHT NOW or else there will be a problem (someone will call the police and evict me). I argue with him and come to the conclusion that I go to a hotel and pack my 6 bags until Saturday which is when I can pick the new apartment. Again I agree because I don't want problems with the police but I'm really pissed I have to pack everything in 2 hours (time limit the woman gave me). Saturday arrives and I move everything to the new place. After 3 days, he writes me again and tells me that I have to move again because ONCE AGAIN, he rented the apartment HE OFFERED ME to someone else. 

My question with all this is this: Can I do anything else besides give this host a really review for all this Bullsh*t he made me go through ?

PS: I forgot to mention that the new apartment he is offering very far away and not nearly as expensive as the one I booked.

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Request a refund from the host, if declined - from Airbnb. File a complaint through the form - a written proof: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Alexander

I would hazard a guess that he does not own the apartments he is letting, and the landlord found out, it very popular in Poland to do this as I found out to my cost. Do you honestly think he was letting the property when a sale was imminent, so much so that the new owner had the keys while you were still there it would have been quite simple to request the new owner to wait until you had departed, before they took procession of the apartment?

I would write a review similar to the post you wrote and put a stop to this scoundrel's activities.

Additionally I would request a full refund under those circumstances, which believe me as a Host is a hard thing to write.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Agree with Cormac's recommendations but isnt' there something AB&B can do about a scam like this?