Advise for dealing with case manager

Steven987
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Advise for dealing with case manager

I've been a host for over three years(super host the entire time I could be) but this is the first time I have had any major issues that resulted in me having to deal with Airbnb Support. To make a long story short, my guest said the bathroom was too dirty and requested I clean it. I agreed but she ended up leaving while I was cleaning it and contacted Airbnb to get a refund. There is more to the story but this post is about how the case was handled and the punishment. I missed the first call by my case manager and messaged her back with a better time to call me the next day. She replied basically saying she was going to side with the guest. Do most case managers make a decision without talking with both parties? After messaging her a few times she did end up calling me back and we talked. That was two days ago and I haven't heard from her since.  Last night I noticed that the booking was now saying I canceled it and has refunded the guest. Do they normally not let the host know when they make a decision? This was a month-long booking too so now my place can't be booked all month and I have a strike on my listing. Is this how AirBnB handles cases like this?

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Steven987 yes it seems that very frequently CS makes a decision without talking with both parties, and/or without notifying the host. I am not surprised that your guest got a refund. However, if you did not cancel or request the cancellation, I don't think it should have been recorded as a host cancellation. You could try calling back to appeal to a new rep, and/or contacting Airbnb on Twitter and/or Facebook.