After the reservation My travel country will lock down

Ege136
Level 1
Büyükçekmece, Turkey

After the reservation My travel country will lock down

Greetings everyone ,

I have big problem  with airbnb . I am a student pilot  and i need to go Hungary to finish my course and exercises for this reason i was make a reservation one room but after one day Hungary will be lockdown for 1 month . Problem is i am going hungary for night  exercise but its still impossible to do that i am not going for touristic travel .  Airbnb  doesnt accept  my  fullrefund also Host is okey for fullrefund but he don want to be pay penalty for that .  Customer services not respond my message  anymore  i call more than 5 times us customer support but they just said we ll report and your task manager will call or message you but still no one call or message me . It is very bad situation  i did not expect that from airbnb ..   

If u have a any suggestion please write under the comments 

Thank you

2 Replies 2
Ege136
Level 1
Büyükçekmece, Turkey

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ege136 

You are not entitled to receive a full refund due to a lockdown situation. If you cancel the normal cancellation policy attached will calculate the refund (if any).

If the host is willing to refund you the renting price (not the Airbnb Service costs) , then after you cancelled the host can use the Resolution centre to refund you. There are no penalties for the host involved if it is done this way.