Agree to Covid-19 Safety Practices

Desneige0
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

Agree to Covid-19 Safety Practices

I am a new Host, and have enjoyed spending the past two days setting up my listing.  I received an email this morning that I need to agree to the Covid-19 Safety practices, or else calendar may be blocked (as pasted below).  

I am very happy to agree to uphold these standards, but when I follow the link, I get lots of great information, links to videos, handbooks, resources, etc - but no place to actually "agree".  

Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to tell AirBnB I agree, and ensure my listing stays active?  I have tried on my iPhone and my Apple Computer using Safari.  I can't find any form, contract, or other space where I can say I will actually uphold all the wonderful policies and procedures I am being asked to agree to. 

All hosts are now required to agree to our COVID-19 safety practices. If you don’t agree by Aug. 14, 2021, your calendar may be blocked and guests may be unable to book future reservations.

6 Replies 6
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Desneige0 

There’s a little box to check somewhere but I can’t remember where it was.

I’ll look and see if I can find it.

The would be great, @Brian2036 .  I just spent an hour on Chat with an AirBnB support tech who couldn't figure it out, and had to escalate the problem.  I'm sure the check mark is hidden somewhere, but he couldn't figure out where!

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Desneige0 

My listing says this:

“Health & safety
󹀁
Committed to Airbnb's enhanced cleaning process.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, all hosts and guests must review and follow Airbnb's social-distancing and other COVID-19-related guidelines. Show more”

That’s nice for me but I can’t find any place where I can opt out or opt in.

I distinctly remember checking a box when I was setting up the listing and maybe that’s the only time one can do it.

You could try going through the listing process again although I doubt that you will enjoy it.

There are a number of things about this website that are distinctly sucky.

You are not the only host who has complained about this.

If Airbnb is going to actually block listings for failing to do something that is impossible to do they need to fix this immediately!

I only just created the listing last night, and that was definitely not one of the options I could click.  I guess I'll simply have to wait for the tech people to do their jobs. 

Thank you for the insight, help, and commiseration @Brian2036 

I have the same problem with my New listing.  Were you ever able to figure this out?

Hi Christopher, 

Yes and no.  AirBnB Support team was able toffee no assistance, and after hours of chat with them I gave up.  But then just a day or two later, the IPhone AirBnB prompted me to agree to the terms right out of the blue!! So, the problem is solved, I just don’t really know how it happened. 
🤷🏻‍♀️