Air B & B Owner that will not pay for completed services

Air B & B Owner that will not pay for completed services

Does anyone have suggestions regarding an owner who will not pay for cleaning services rendered?  I completed my cleanings yesterday on two of her properties.   There was an issue with getting the laundry completed as they do not have in-house washer and dryers. But we got it done and both properties were perfect.  She had no complaints about our work and never has.  But I suggested that she make sure that there is a full swap of linen in the event we can not complete it due to not being able to get laundry done, and I suggested that she order white hotel style bath mats so they can be washed with towels.  With limited laundry access to only 3 washers, there is no time to wash them after each stay.

She canceled my service and now she will not pay me.  The bill it 187.00 and I had to use my own debit card for laundry because hers kept declining. and my employee has been paid.  Any ideas?  I have been managing and cleaning vacation properties here for nearly four years and I have never had an issue or complaint on a property.  I am her 4th service in less than a year.  I guess that should have been the red flag,

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Darla21 I would take her to small claims court... this is not really an Airbnb issue, but you could try flagging/reporting her Airbnb profile, FWIW. Sorry this happened to you!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Darla21 Does she use keys and if so do you still have the keys or can you still access them? It will cost her more for a locksmith to change both the locks if she's a long distance host. I would get them if possible and then I would message her you will not return the keys until she has paid you in full and keep them until she does. Also small claims court would ruin her credit history ;D I can be so mean sometimes...