Air BNB asking for my bank account number and date of birth

Laura4077
Level 1
Bainbridge Island, WA

Air BNB asking for my bank account number and date of birth

I am very upset. Today I needed help to change the address of 4 of my 8 units listed with Air bnb. I never received an email to say it was me. So a lady came on the telephone asking for my email address, name, and bank account number as well as my date of birth and confirmation code to a reservation.

I will never give out my bank account number and date of birth to anyone over the phone. She may very well be employed by Air BNB, but what anyone does in their offtime, who is to say she won't use that information? NO! I refuse to give out that information over the phone. If they can see tell who I am by any other method, like the phone number, they do not need that important information. If Air BNB refuses to help or service me because I will not give out that information, then I may have to find a different company.

Laura Clark

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Laura4077  It's good you didn't give out that info as it doesn't sound like you were talking to anyone at Airbnb. They wouldn't need all that information to verify who you are in order to help you with your issue. How did you contact them in the first place? A good way to start is from within the help center while logged in to your account.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact-us/topic