Air BNB discount pricing promotions?

Lyn4735
Level 2
Gold Coast, AU

Air BNB discount pricing promotions?

Fairly new to Air BNB but have a question regarding a promotion discount that was applied to a booking which I was unaware of. Is this something Air BNB manage and do on their own accord as I don’t believe I have any bonus offers except for booking extended stays? 

3 Replies 3
Veronica440
Level 3
Jurien Bay, Australia

Hi @Lyn4735 

Airbnb placed a 20% discount on my room as a promotion, I had no idea that this was there and was shocked to find my 7day booking lost $12 per night (we only charge $60 per night) this amounted to a $84 reduction in our end amount. I have since found where to edit these discounts, and have done so. We had already suffered a large loss through the covid19 lock downs with WA having tight internal border restrictions with no traveller from Perth even allowed through the checkpoints. We were so excited to see the 7 day booking but then shocked with the 20% discount applied without our knowledge. Considering we supply a great variety of breakfast items for guests to enjoy, losing $12 per night was had to take.

Carol5695
Level 1
Newquay, United Kingdom

Hi same here where did you block the discounts please

Greg1402
Level 3
Nacogdoches, TX

Strict or Non-refundable
In addition to Strict, offer a non-refundable option—guests pay 10% less, but you keep your payout no matter when they cancel. Learn more

I was having the same discount, showing up on a recent booking but didn't know where the discount was coming from...but this is the only thing I could see. Giving guests an additional 10% discount for a firm commitment and giving them nothing back if they cancelled. It's a beta feature when you set your reservations to STRICT/Non-Refundable. 

I think this solved my question and reason for checking Community. Did this help you?